New York!

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
My wife's running the New York marathon in November!:banana: We are going to make a mini vacation out of it. What do we need to do and see? Hoping some local members can help me make a "to do" list. Any good speed shops you can recommend so I can bring back some cheap parts?:beer:

Thanks
Mike

styl0us

Roh-Tuh-Ree Powah
Established Member
Mustang Magic is in NYC (the guys who have Snakebite, the 03 Terminator on steroids)
Times Square
Madison Square Garden

If I'm back up in this area from NC I'll chill with ya if you want. I'd be glad to give y'all a "mini-tour" of the city. It's a really nice place.

There is a bunch I'm missing, but I'm enjoying the Yankee game right now.

Common

Established Member
Madison Square Garden
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island(one tour)
Ground Zero
Times Square
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Empire State Building( DO NOT skip the virtual New York skyride they offer on 2nd floor)
Madamme Tussaud's wax museum

Get on one of the sightseeing buses that are always posted up all over times square and try that as well.

IF at all possible, get a helicopter tour. I did and it was probably the best money spent. It is 90$ extra if you want it at night but well worth it.

Try to catch a brodway show if you can, or get something like Blue Man group show downtown.

Anyone who is in NYC and has nothing to do or doesnt know, sucks at life and really needs to check his pulse.

Last edited:

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Guys I live in rural Nova Scotia. I'm not going all that way without seeing and doing as much as I can :rockon: Thanks for all the suggestions.

Last edited:

stangin99

Established Member
If you're a baseball fan, stop by Yankee Stadium(s) to at least check out the real one. It won't be standing for too much longer.

Get the best pizza in the world, at just about any pizza shop.

Walk around times square and be a tourist, check out where the ball drops and all the big stores around there.

Central park.

Endless restaurants/bars/pubs to check out.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
If you're into guns:
Beretta Gallery - 718 Madison Ave.
Holland & Holland Sporting Arms - 50 E 57th St, New York

For history:
Ellis Island
Statue of Liberty

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
If you have the time, the Bronx zoo is pretty tight.
Definitley go see a broadway show.
If you want one hell of a steak, go to Peter Lugers, its in brooklyn. Right across the williamsburg bridge. MAKE SURE to get reservations a few days in advance.
Obviously just walk around the city, times square, china town, little italy (only a few blocks nowadays).
Definitley try to visit Ellis Island, and the Statue of Liberty.
Take a ride on the Staten Island ferry, you will see all of downtown, and the Statue of Liberty for Free!
Go to the top of the Empire State, and ride what ever ride they have there.
If the Intrepid is open, take the tour, its a decommisioned aircraft carrier full of airplanes, Located on the westside highway, midtownish, 70s?
Walk around the finanical district. For some reason I love it there, the streets are narrow and your sorrounded by these gothic stone buildings.. Its pretty impressive.
There are endless things to do.. Go on apartment viewings for 5 mill + apartments, and see how little that gets you in NYC. LOL.

Last edited:

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Wow, thanks guys. I may have to make the trip a little longer to fit all this stuff in. I don't want to wish my summer cruisin' away but this is going to be a great trip.

Cheers
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread