NEWB Need to verify Tune is ok help set up data log

SicilianMobster

Established Member
I bought my car about 6 months ago and I'm scared to drive it (only about 750 miles) because i dont know if the tune is still correct..... I was told by the previous owner that the tune was set really conservative but i just want to verify that everything is ok until i can get it down to AED Tuning and have them check it out because i wouldnt trust anybody in the area with a built cobra.

so my question is which options do i need to select in the sct data logging program to have one of you guys check my tune out for me? I would just like to check it under normal driving as my WOT a/f ratios are good at 11.3 (according to my gauge) The car dies sometimes when coming to a stop when getting off the freeway or slowing down. It tries to catch the idle and then just drops unless i burp the throttle

Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
The stalling might not be tune related, Any check engine lights?

RPM
Coolant temp
MAF counts
MAF Flow #s
RPM
Load

Also if you can hook up the wideband to datalog that would help a ton.

SicilianMobster

Established Member
I did a while ago.... lean bank 1 & 2 but it went away. squirted everything vac. related under the hood w/ brake cleaner and no change in rpms.

How do i need to drive it for the datalog? time idling? hold certain RPM while driving?

iggster

Established Member
I did a while ago.... lean bank 1 & 2 but it went away. squirted everything vac. related under the hood w/ brake cleaner and no change in rpms.

How do i need to drive it for the datalog? time idling? hold certain RPM while driving?

Well idle from cold till it reaches normal operating temps.

Then a separate datalog idle for about 30 seconds
Then a separate datalog rev to 1,500,2000,2500,3000,3,500,4,500 in park each time when you rev you hold it at that rpm for like 3 or so seconds.

Try and get that and PM ME once you get those logs and I will look them over for you.

prostkr

Established Member
One thing to be careful of using break clean to find vacuum leaks. Over 50% of break cleaners these days are not flammable.......Is yours?

Users who are viewing this thread