Newb Question.

wiltshp

Established Member
After reading this wonderful article

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275904

I have a question about intercooling. With a centrifugal I can see how you would intercool the incoming fuel/air charge because it isn't setting right on top of the motor, but with a Roots Type/Screw Type supercharger that sits right on top of the intake, I would think that would take alot of room, running pipe from the supercharger to an intercooler and back up to the intake. Could someone explain this to me, and if you had a pic/example that would be great too. Thanks!

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
If you can envision this, it's basically a smaller radiator sitting under the roots/screw charger at the dischrge port. The area where the smaller radiator sits in is similar to the lifter valley on a pushrod engine. Thats it. Then the rest of the plumbing is similar to the cooling system for the engine.

Do a search in here on how to remove the Eaton. I think there was pictures that shows the intercooler attached to the Eaton.

wiltshp

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
If you can envision this, it's basically a smaller radiator sitting under the roots/screw charger at the dischrge port. The area where the smaller radiator sits in is similar to the lifter valley on a pushrod engine. Thats it. Then the rest of the plumbing is similar to the cooling system for the engine.

Do a search in here on how to remove the Eaton. I think there was pictures that shows the intercooler attached to the Eaton.

I can envision that, but I assume it isn't air cooled, it is watercooled from the coolent system? Is that very effective?

03SVTREDFIRE

Established Member
The intercooler mounted to the bottom of the blower has coolant lines that run to a heat exchanger (FMIC sort of) and to a coolant reservior that is seperate from the engines cooling system.. so it is both air/water cooled. the air cools the coolant that is pumped through the H/E to the intercooler.. hope that made some sense

wiltshp

Established Member
03SVTREDFIRE said:
The intercooler mounted to the bottom of the blower has coolant lines that run to a heat exchanger (FMIC sort of) and to a coolant reservior that is seperate from the engines cooling system.. so it is both air/water cooled. the air cools the coolant that is pumped through the H/E to the intercooler.. hope that made some sense

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread