Newb Thread

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
I've always washed and waxed my car regularly but, I have never actually buffed and polished the paint. When I had the Lightning I took it to someone and had them do it. Someone gave me a Black and Decker Orbital Polisher. (I know I will get flamed for telling that but hey it was free.) I know it's nowhere as good as the Porter Cable but, its all I have. My question is what order do I apply products in. I have Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish and NXT 2.0. Again, I know there is better stuff out there but I'm on a budget. I know they have a cleaner wax to but I'm unsure when to use it. Could some one walk me through the stages of the process. I'm going to try and detail the stang before Mustang Week next month so I'm trying to do a little homework. I never knew there was some much to it. I have been really misinformed about waxing. HELP!:shrug:

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Thats what I was afraid of. I have some light swirl marks that I want to get rid of and I want to learn to do it instead of paying someone to do it. I clay bar the car when it needs it and wash and wax it regularly.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
If it's an orbital, like a porter cable. You really can't screw your paint up.

Did it come with pads?

You should be able to find meguairs swirlX or scratchX polishes locally. Either of those would work, and won't cost too much.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
yea...I've got two terry bonnets and two cobra orange microfiber bonnets. I've tried the swirl x before and still have some. It didn't do much by hand but I've never tried it with a machine.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I dunno if I like the idea of the terry cloth bonnet. Give the MF bonnet a try with the swirl x. If the buffer does work somewhat it will do way more then you could have gotten done by hand.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I dunno if I like the idea of the terry cloth bonnet. Give the MF bonnet a try with the swirl x. If the buffer does work somewhat it will do way more then you could have gotten done by hand.

STG

Banned
Buy this DVD from Richard Lin:

160_DVDfrontcover1.jpg

ShowCarSupplies.com Shopping Cart - How-to Use the PC for Show Car Results

I covers paint detailing by PC and by hand.

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
they finally have it back in stock, but the shipping is half the cost of the dvd!

Users who are viewing this thread