Newb

sixt5

Established Member
well im somewhat of a newb at the whole process of waxing so im looking for some guidelines and how-tos.
(1)
i have two different machines:
DSCF2037.gif

DSCF2032.gif
this one has that pad and a sponge pad.

which should i use?
(2)
i have been using NXT wax to do the mustang. only one coat (dont know if more then one is good or not) and it turns out pretty well. i can see nice reflections and such. Is this any count compared to the Zaino i've been hearing abuot? i've looked at auto stores and can not find this stuff. where can i buy it?

(3)
um.. just tell me what you think i need to know ;-)

trance_in_miami

Established Member
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. Invest in a porter cable. If you have have experience with the orbital machine thats great. use it. But i would prefer the PC. Also. the Nxt is good not great. Durability Suck. But what you need to learn is the prep. WHich are the most "" IMPORTANT STEPS "

wash
clay car. with a clay MAgic Bar or other brand. T remove crap embeded on your surface.
Scratch & swirl remover. Poorboy's ssr 2.5 is what i use. with a cutting pad.
GLaze/polish ( Clearkote Vanilla Moose ) best i have tried
Wax, Clearkote Carnauba Moose wax.

heres the link. for the clearkote stuff.
http://specialtymotoring.com/clearkote.htm

detail spray= Adams detail SPray. :bowdown:

i would recommend reading diffrent posts on this forum. But be carefull. you might get addicted. :eek:

Check this out and get a clear idea. Instructional videos from Adam. :coolman:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/

you should be fine. :rockon:

sixt5

Established Member
so wash,clay bar, Scratch & swirl remover,polish, then wax?

so apparently i was going the cheap route wasnt i?

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
The top one won't do much good other than for applying sealants/wax. The bottom appears to be rotary buffer but that takes quite a bit of skill! You could do some serious damage with it if you have never used one before! But if you know how to use it, it will be the only tool you'll ever need.

rjs281

Established Member
Zaino products work very well also.you have to order it online.i think you have to order the clearcoat stuff online as well.from what i have seen both work great.i use the zaino myself and am amazed at how well it works.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
i would recommend reading diffrent posts on this forum. But be carefull. you might get addicted. :eek:
I second that! I'm pondering claybaring and doing the hole shpeel tomorow and it kinda got me excited. :lol1: Ha I know...I'm a loser.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread