Newbie Checkin In

TREADMARKS

Established Member
Howdy all.

FNG just checking in and saying hi from sunny south Florida.

Lotsa good info on this board.

Later

TREADMARKS

:p

Last edited:

TREADMARKS

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Where's the Cobra?

Sorry, I don't have a good pic of the Cobra yet, but I will get one before long.

At 49,995 miles, the wife's 96 laser red Cobra died. Thats when I finally got to play with it. She just had Steeda install their G-Track stage 3 kit, right before it died. Wow, what a huge difference in handling!

The factory motor, with zero mods, died due to excessive carbon build up on the pistons. So much carbon, that it was making contact with the cylinder heads...If I didn't hear the knock, and see the marks on the pistons and heads, I would not have believed it. New pistons and a rebuild from the dealer, and now I get to start with the mods.

Nascar off road X pipe, and 2.5" Magnaflow catback system with 3" pencil tips went on Friday. What a wake up! That 32 valve mod motor sounds like a v-12 now.

Did the 11" clutch conversion while it was apart. Clutch effort is way less, with no signs of slipping.

I'm looking for a CAI this week, then a test drive to Sebring next weekend. Then pullies, chip, DIS4, rollbar yada yada, you get the picture...

MWUHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA

This is gonna be fun.

Later

TREADMARKS

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Carbon build up hitting the heads? Teach that lady to floor it once in a while!

Your pic looks great resized.

You'll find that most of the people here think just the way you do about cars. I can almost always find help on these forums. Or a decent joke once in a while. Good luck with your mods.

Cliff

Users who are viewing this thread