Newbie finally getting his GT500

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
New member, but a long time reader. I am finally getting my car. I originally placed my deposit with the dealer on April 9th but the dealer didn't place the order until May 29th. Like many other people experienced, the dealer was expecting to be able to pick up additional allocations and wanted to use his 2nd allocation for a stock car (and give me the 3rd allocation which they never had), but when it became evident that they weren't getting any more allocations, they finally placed my order. At the time I placed my deposit, I had no idea how the allocations worked (or that they even existed). After the order was actually placed, I made sure to get the dealer to confirm from their rep that they had an allocation for my car (just to be safe).

I finally got my VIN on Sept 27th and just found out today it has a build date of the Oct 15th with an ETA of Oct 26th. I have been reading this forum since late March. I think I have read every post on here. It drives the wife crazy. Since I had to wait so long, I would have gone out of my mind if it wasn't for all of you providing vital information. I got the DIB coupe with black stripes, glass roof, recaros, electronics package and the cover. I also ordered the Alcoa wheels. I feel in love with them at the Ford Nationals car show in Carlise, PA before I realized they didn't even make them anymore, so when they were available again, I jumped on it! Can't wait to get the car! Hopefully I get to enjoy some good driving conditions before the winter.

GoDawgs

Established Member
Congrats! How accurate are the ETAs?

I also received my Vin # on the 27th and a build date also on the 15th of October.

My ETA is 10/26 as well and wondering how many people actually got their car on this day or give/take how close to it.

I live in GA, so not sure how this plays into delivery time.

finsrin

Established Member
Add one more to the list.
Got notice today that GT500 build was yesterday October 3rd. Its now real.
With Las Vegas ETA of 21st.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Congrats. DIB /black stripes.....mmmm 2nd best, color. And 2nd fastest of course! :beer:

Love that color.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I was wondering how accurate the ETA is as well. I am hoping that it is a little more accurate now that it seems so many more shelby's are being built in October. Before it seemed that a lot of people had cars built waiting for a full load to deliver the cars. That shouldn't be as much of a problem now.

Bllit11

Established Member
The wait is worth it you will love it. It's a monster when i was waiting for mine my wife and kids and friends and coworkers thought i was acting like a crack addict needing a fix.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
That's a good one. That probably accurately describes most of us that have been waiting for this car. If I knew that the wait would have been this long from the beginning, I am not sure I would have followed through with it, but now that the end is finally near, I am happy I stuck it out. Thank god for this forum. Keeping up with all of the posts and information really helped me through it. Reading the new posts always gave me something to look forward to. You can only watch videos read reviews about the car online so many times before you've seen almost everything out there.

finsrin

Established Member
As for the waiting. I have had to keep my mouth shut about it for months. Not telling anyone in circle of car buff friends. Has been an exercise in self discipline. Doing garage clean-up, organizing, painting, etc in preparation. It needed to done so no one is the wiser. Looking forward to the surprise factor.

Users who are viewing this thread