Newbie from Oregon.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Well, first of all hello. I have been the proud owner of quite a few Fords in the past, first of which being a '92 LX 5.0, then a '95 Cobra, and an '00 Lightning. I stepped away from owning Fords for a few years and here I am heading back into the stable. I have been looking for an '03/'04 Cobra for a couple weeks and found a few I am intrested in.

I live in Southern Oregon and the thing is all but one of them are around 300 miles from where I live and it seems like a bit of a drive just to go test drive some cars. 4 are located within 50 miles of each other and if I do go to test drive I will plan on driving them all the same day.

The one that is local is a Red '04, it is bone stock, and has less than 5k miles. The reason I am partial to this one is the fact it is owned by a friends dad and the low miles, along with the fact it is local. The other 4 that I am intrested in are a (Private party) Yellow '04, also stock, with just under 10k miles, and the price is pretty nice. The next is a (Dealer) White '04 with 13k miles, with minor mods, including some wheels I'm not big on. Another is a (Dealer) Silver '04, with 27k miles, also with minor mods. The last one I was looking at is a (Dealer) Blue '03, with 30k miles, a bunch of modifications, the sales guy seems to know a ton about the car, he has all the maint. paperwork and had it taken to a speedshop in Sacramento and it Dyno'd at 520+ whp/470+wtq. Seems like a nice car and a decent price. The only thing that worries me is the horror stories I have heard and read about.

I realize that no matter how stock a car is or how many miles there are on it never is an indicator of how much abuse it has endured. So far I am leaning towards the one that is local but I'd like some advice if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread