Newbie here

Lightningstrike

Hi guys! I finally registered after lurking for many months because I just picked up a red 2002 Lightning. My father has been a Ford employee for 25 years and I *managed* to purchase the truck on A-plan with his code. There is nothing quite like saving almost $5000 off of the sticker price. A great feeling indeed! :)

I look forward to being an active participant on your board and hope I can contribute much in the future. For now, I will attempt to learn more about performance modifications and general maintenance on these incredible vehicles.

My name is Laurence and I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex. I am what seems to be a fifth-year senior at the Univ. of North Texas. :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay for insurance? I'm just hoping I can hang on a few more months until I turn 25!

Last question: It appears that JDM is the place to go for mods. Looking on his site, I noticed a 'line mod'. What exactly does that do? Would you recommend his Stage 1 (?) kit? How many miles would you wait before modding your new truck? And finally, did you experience any warranty shenanigans when you went to have service work?

Thanks! I apologize for the long post!

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Hi Laurence

Welcome, You will love the new L. As far as JDM all his stuff is awesome, I am a big fan of his products and his engineering skills.

The line mod increases the preasure of the fluid in the transmision. It firms up the shifts which in my opinion increases the life of the transmision.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Lightningstrike - Welcome to the site. You'll really enjoy the Lightning. It's a great truck.

No doubt JDM offers so great stuff for our trucks. There are also some other vendors around that have some good products as well. Look around and talk with some of the guys and you'll get some good info on what works and what doesn't.

As for insurance, what people pay depends on a things such as driving record, age, where you live, how much you plan to drive it, how far you drive back and forth to work or school and if you use it for personal or work related use just to name a few. Just check around and find what meets your needs that you can afford. It's a little work but you'd be surprised at the difference in rates between companies.

Congrats on the new ride, good luck and welcome.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Dude,

Welcome to the group, pull up a chair and sit down.

I use only JDM parts, I live close enough to go there and deal with them in person. They are great to deal with over the phone, Julie really helps and is fun to talk to.

The line valve mod is great and inexpensive.

Let your truck break in a little before going wild on mods. Give it 2500 or 3000 miles. Just my opinion. And opinions are like asses, everyone has one or knows someone that doesII-)

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread