(NEWBIE) Mustang Question (Help)

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Hi guys, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but heres my question.. Im looking to trade in my SVTFocus on a 2001 GT.. I found a 2001 Mustang Bullit with 22k, asking $13,900 (clean title) the asking price should come down a-bit... is this a ok deal??? Or should I not waist my time? Im looking for more Horse power, I know I will be losing my handling feature that I have in my SVTFocus, but ive always wanted a Mustang!!! Please, any input will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanx : Jason

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
I think $13,900 is fairly reasonable for an 01 Bullitt. Some ppl on here may disagree with me, but with that kind of mileage I think its an excellent buy!

mav_tu

Established Member
Not too bad a deal at all. If you don't mind me asking, what interests you in the Bullitt instead of a GT?

04bullitt

140 Top Speed. WTF?!?!?!?
Established Member
im a n00B

whats the difference between a Bullitt and a GT???

if it helps, i just paid $22k for my 04 GT w/ 22k on the clock.

its still under warranty obviously which helps and its also fully loaded.........its got leather, power everything, and the mach 1000 stereo.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
04bullitt said:
im a n00B

if it helps, i just paid $22k for my 04 GT w/ 22k on the clock.

its still under warranty obviously which helps and its also fully loaded.........its got leather, power everything, and the mach 1000 stereo.

Dude, you should've passed on that deal. I still have no clue why dealers are asking so much for 04' GT's. You can get an 02 or 03, maybe with a bit more mileage for for $10,000 less. Hell, for $3-4,000 more you could've bought a new GT with a full warranty and probably lower interest. Barely used cars are not that good of a deal IMO.

04bullitt

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Dude, you should've passed on that deal. I still have no clue why dealers are asking so much for 04' GT's. You can get an 02 or 03, maybe with a bit more mileage for for $10,000 less. Hell, for $3-4,000 more you could've bought a new GT with a full warranty and probably lower interest. Barely used cars are not that good of a deal IMO.

its hella clean....the leather doesnt even look like its been sat in and thats right where kbb put it for bluebook value.

they had an 01 cobra vert but i figured insurance would be too much and by the time i found out that wasnt the case it was gone.

i didnt have the option to shop around. i basically had to get a car from that specific lot and it was a dodge lot. i had an 04 neon as my daily driver and a 96 bmw 328is as my weekend car and the neon was a piece of shit under warranty and they couldnt find the problem so in order to take care of it i had to handle everything at that dodge dealership.

im satisfied......with how clean it is and all the options it has it works for me.....also, stangs seem to go for more up here in the pnw.

theres no way i couldve gotten into an 05 gt for that price up here.

stellar591

Established Member
04bullitt said:
im a n00B

The Bullitt was only produced in 2001 in limited numbers. It's basis is a normal GT but theres a few differences. The intake manifold of a Bullitt is unique b/c its not the plastic composite crap that all GTs have. It has an oval bore throttle body rather than the round one found on other SOHCs. Also the brakes are upgraded with larger rotors and calipers. It's advertised as being a tad bit quicker than a GT from the factory. Some small visual enhancements like the gauge cluster and seats are unique to the Bullitt as well.

mav_tu

Established Member
04bullitt said:
its hella clean....the leather doesnt even look like its been sat in and thats right where kbb put it for bluebook value.

they had an 01 cobra vert but i figured insurance would be too much and by the time i found out that wasnt the case it was gone.

i didnt have the option to shop around. i basically had to get a car from that specific lot and it was a dodge lot. i had an 04 neon as my daily driver and a 96 bmw 328is as my weekend car and the neon was a piece of shit under warranty and they couldnt find the problem so in order to take care of it i had to handle everything at that dodge dealership.

im satisfied......with how clean it is and all the options it has it works for me.....also, stangs seem to go for more up here in the pnw.

theres no way i couldve gotten into an 05 gt for that price up here.
What was your 04 advertised for compared to what you paid? I'm not at all telling you that you were wrong for spending what you did, but I bought my 04 GT in April of 2005 (almost a year and a half ago) with 7k on the clock for $20k. It was flawless. Maybe I got a heck of a deal, becuse I've seen lots of 04's but lots more expensive AND with more miles.

I know what it's like to just need a car so you don't shop around too much, but figured I'd throw my .02 in...

04bullitt

Established Member
mav_tu said:
What was your 04 advertised for compared to what you paid? I'm not at all telling you that you were wrong for spending what you did, but I bought my 04 GT in April of 2005 (almost a year and a half ago) with 7k on the clock for $20k. It was flawless. Maybe I got a heck of a deal, becuse I've seen lots of 04's but lots more expensive AND with more miles.

I know what it's like to just need a car so you don't shop around too much, but figured I'd throw my .02 in...

aight, heres what led up to the purchase......

i had an 04 Dodge Neon that i bought to fix my credit in 2/06.....i then couldnt stand how slow it was and had someone take over the payments on it and bought a 99 Turbo Civic SI and drove it til the piston rings fried as well as some other stuff. some kid wanted it and gave me his 96 bmw for it. well in the mix of all of this the Neon started having electrical problems and was in under warranty 5 times in 2 months and dodge couldnt figure it out......obviously the person that took over the payments couldnt keep the car so i had to take it back and go kick dodge in the nutz...

they wanted $24k for the mustang.....like i said, its got all the options.

they offered me $8k for the neon but i owed $11k on it as it was to rebuild my credit and i had only had it 5 months.

they offered me $4k for my bmw which i owned outright and was worth $6k trade in excellent condition which it was not. it needed catalyst work done and the converters alone are $1700 on a bmw. it also had a boggin issue which i hadnt figured out yet.

after heavy arguing and almost getting in a fistfight with the salesman a manager stepped in and pulled some strings.

i talked them into $10k on the neon which with the tax credit covered the rest of the negative equity.

i got $6k for the bmw which with its tax credit i actually got $6600

and i talked the mustang down to $22k

so i only ended up financing $18k and i got a pos neon and a falling apart bmw out of my hair.

id say i came out ahead:pepper:

stellar591

Established Member
I personally think you overpaid, but that's just my opinion. Used 05 GTs are coming down and some are selling in that price range if you have the luxury to shop around. I understand your situation though and sometimes we get caught between a rock and a hard place. Just dont screw it up now by selling the car in 12 months and not able to get enough for payoff. You got good mileage, keep it... mod it... enjoy it!

noviblown89

Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
I found a 2001 Mustang Bullit with 22k, asking $13,900 (clean title) the asking price should come down a-bit... is this a ok deal??? Thanx : Jason
I wouldn't pass that up, sounds good to me especially if you can get the price down a little more!

04bullitt

Established Member
stellar591 said:
I personally think you overpaid, but that's just my opinion. Used 05 GTs are coming down and some are selling in that price range if you have the luxury to shop around. I understand your situation though and sometimes we get caught between a rock and a hard place. Just dont screw it up now by selling the car in 12 months and not able to get enough for payoff. You got good mileage, keep it... mod it... enjoy it!

yeah, shoppin around was not an option....i had to get it from this specific lot cuz this was the one that had the Neon in the service center........ive said it before and i guess i have to say it again.....mustang gt, mach1, and cobra tend to go for more up here then they do in other areas.....$22k is right where kelleybluebook valued the car and i got $4800 in negative equity covered on that POS Neon.......by all rights, they could have said no and then i would have had to hire an attourney and the process wouldve gotten drug way out.

i looked on autotrader and there are quite a few 04 gt's in the area going for what i paid. there are several that are below $20k but they have the cloth interior and no options what so ever.

my shit is clean
3e95869c.gif

6SpeedLover

Established Member
noviblown89 said:
I wouldn't pass that up, sounds good to me especially if you can get the price down a little more!
Thank you guys very much for all the honest input. Im about 2k in the hole with my 04 SVTFocus, so its gonna take 2 weeks for me to transfer that loan onto my Home Loan, then I could own the SVTFocus (not really own) and finance the rest, But the more I think about it, The 2006 Mustangs are running a 0% finance for 72 months,,,,Well ill make my mind up soon lol... Thanx again guys, you been very helpful :pepper: :banana: If any of you guys are from Pa, you can find this Bullit on Auto Trader.com

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
i say go for the bullitt, the best looking factory new edge IMO, plus you get a unique interior and like said above, better breaks and suspension....etc. looks like a decent deal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread