Newbie needs advice...5.4 swapped 02 gt

woodburn24

Established Member
Hi. I have a 02 gt roller with a built 5.4 4v from a 2000 navi waiting to be finished and droped in.
Manley h- beams, Manley dish top pistons,
Arp studs, hi volume/ velocity oil pump.
Stock eaton sc kit from 03-04 cobra.
Timing cover was a fun task to accept pully bridge. Just finished mock up of all pulleys/belts. All painted, ready for final assembly. Im not sure what to do as far as a fuel pump/ injectors go. Pulling my hair out looking for partsI dont have a ton of money to sink in. Just wanna go fast as cheap as i can but not half ass it. Used parts...i love em....if they work.
My goal is:
I want a Daily driver that ripps.
500-600hp eventually...probably more.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank u
IMG_0552.jpeg
20190416_133954.jpeg
20180315_135747.jpeg

Sent from my LGMP260 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
Get that Eaton spinning hard with racing fuel (E85 included if you want it but it’s not going on anything of mine) and you’ll be in the ballpark or your goals. But for more efficient power a blower swap would be good.
I’d say Trinity injectors would suffice on the injectors. Ford GT fuel pump might work.

Pick your poison.

woodburn24

Established Member
Get that Eaton spinning hard with racing fuel (E85 included if you want it but it’s not going on anything of mine) and you’ll be in the ballpark or your goals. But for more efficient power a blower swap would be good.
I’d say Trinity injectors would suffice on the injectors. Ford GT fuel pump might work.

Pick your poison.
Thanks for the reply. Few things i forgot:
Spec aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 3 clutch
(10 spine) still have stock 5 speed.(tr3650,
Temporary as well)

Yeah the eaton is definitely temporary. I wanna stick with pump gas though. Im still kinda lost with the fuel system. Im still using the GT computer and im confused on what parts i can use. Do i need to run duel pumps to achieve that type of power? Do i need a boost-a-pump? Can i use the stock hanger? Do i need to run a bigger fuel line? Can i use stock cobra fuel rails for now? Lol...lots of questions....I could keep going
Thanks buddy.

Sent from my LGMP260 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GodStang

Established Member
Easiest would be 03 Cobra tank and fuel hat with your choice of pumps. That low of power your stock lines and rails will be fine. I would advise against a Boost-a-pump. This section is very seldom visited I would move your question to the mustang section.

Users who are viewing this thread