Newbie questions about wheel and tire install

03TermiVert

Established Member
I've got some xxr wheels for my 03 cobra vert stock suspension for now but will have h&r race springs before installing. Despite alot of searching I can't find the exact answers I'm looking for so hopefully someone can help. I have 18x9.5 (275/35/18 tires) and 18x11 (315/30/18 tires) both with +20mm offset and I don't know what's all needed to mount these? Do I need extended wheel studs? Hubcentric rings? If so is the 70.5>73.1 the correct size? What kind and size of lug nuts? Do I need spacers? I'll be ordering the mm low profile irs bolt and probably roll the fenders but just want to make sure I get the mounted safely and properly. Any and all help/info is appreciated!

jbou91

Established Member
Should bolt up just fine, if anything you may just need low profile IRS bolts which are sold everywhere. Enjoy

8gtoklr

Established Member
you will need tuner nuts, factory ones wont work, if you need a spacer you'll need shorter open ended nuts, hub rings probably also

03TermiVert

Established Member
you will need tuner nuts, factory ones wont work, if you need a spacer you'll need shorter open ended nuts, hub rings probably also

Thanks for the advice. I've got the hub rings just need some lug nuts now. Hoping I don't need extended studs. I appreciate your help

03TermiVert

Established Member
If you need extended studs they are super easy to install if you have an impact gun. There is also another option where you use a spacer with bolts in it. Heres one for example http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-spacers-25mm.html

Thank you for that info. I don't have a compressor or impact gun which is the main reason I'm hoping I don't need extended studs but the built in spacer/stud combo looks pretty simple and straight forward and probably the better option for me. Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread