Newbie with new Terminator

Hookem

Established Member
I ALMOST BOUGHT THAT EXACT CAR!! I recognize the rims, did you purchase it from someone in the Austin area? I also see that he just has tips over the stock exhaust pipes which I thought was odd, you need to get on that and fix that weird issue, I can notice it in one of the pics.

Yep, bought it in Austin. It has Borla CB, I thought the tips were pretty cool, they were turned to contour with the bumper.

MyMustangCobra-1.gif

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Does that Nissan (I think it is North Texas Nissan) place in Corinth (right off of 35s) still have all of those cobras?? i almost bought a redfire from there, it was an 04 with 20k miles, but they wanted 30k for it!! Instead I bought a Sonic Blue one from a buddy, love the color and every minute of driving it. Congrats on the buy.

Hookem

Established Member
Does that Nissan (I think it is North Texas Nissan) place in Corinth (right off of 35s) still have all of those cobras?? i almost bought a redfire from there, it was an 04 with 20k miles, but they wanted 30k for it!! Instead I bought a Sonic Blue one from a buddy, love the color and every minute of driving it. Congrats on the buy.

Don't know, I didn't even think about going there to buy a Cobra. Why would someone trade a Cobra for a Nissan?:shrug:

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Don't know, I didn't even think about going there to buy a Cobra. Why would someone trade a Cobra for a Nissan?:shrug:

The owner of that place is part of some Cobra club in the DFW area. He used to have some really nice sports cars (WS6 Trans Ams, Camaro SS's, Z06's and a lot of cobras) He would always have a line of cobras sitting out front. by the way, did you graduate from UT??

Hookem

Established Member
The owner of that place is part of some Cobra club in the DFW area. He used to have some really nice sports cars (WS6 Trans Ams, Camaro SS's, Z06's and a lot of cobras) He would always have a line of cobras sitting out front. by the way, did you graduate from UT??

Ahh...didn't know that.

I'm a UNT grad....but I'm a fan of Longhorn football.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
that nissan place is run by a tool...i had about 3 convos with the guy when i was looking for a cobra a year ago. I recall him saying to me "hey man if you dont believe me, it doesnt matter they have 5 more guys who are looking at this car" I know it may be just dealer bullsh... but his tone was very rude and demeaning.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
that nissan place is run by a tool...i had about 3 convos with the guy when i was looking for a cobra a year ago. I recall him saying to me "hey man if you dont believe me, it doesnt matter they have 5 more guys who are looking at this car" I know it may be just dealer bullsh... but his tone was very rude and demeaning.

Yep, they werent willing to work a deal at all, it was going to be their way or no way. So i left and bought mine about a week later from someone else.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Ahh...didn't know that.

I'm a UNT grad....but I'm a fan of Longhorn football.

Sounds like me, I graduated from UNT, but I dont think I own one piece of clothing that would show it, yet I own several Ut shirts (wifey graduated from there) Glad I graduated when I did, I wouldve been pissed if they uped my tuition to build that new stadium for the worst team in Div 1 football, #120/120.

Hookem

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys! The car is paid for and I have 10k to blow on it....what should I do? Mods already are just a 2.76 pulley, intake, CB, and full length welded SF connectors. I want to keep it mostly a street car, maybe see the track a couple times a year. I'm shooting for 600whp, for a weekend car only.

twhitey

Established Member
Sweet color! Good looking car and looks like a lot of the mods are already done.

Users who are viewing this thread