Newish 2013 at the dragstrip yesterday...

fiveoboy01

Established Member
Stone stock other than Magnaflow axleback and RTR wheels with 275 Hankook Ventus tires. About 2,500 miles on the car.

12.993/109.7 with a 2.15 60.

I did manage a 2.04 60 on a different pass, but missed 3rd gear, well that or it locked it out on me. I don't know if it's me, or the trans. A different shifter is in order as out of 8 passes I only had 3 clean ones due to that issue. The last pass was the quickest of the day, I was quitting at that point so it was nice to take home a 12 second slip.

The car acted weird, as if the throttle closed for a split second just as the clutch pedal was all the way out on the launch, and it seemed like there was a very short interruption in power at each shift(I powershifted it). Shrug. I had the traction control and advancetrac off though, I know that much.

Just wanted to share. It's been about 10 years since I last strapped in at a track anywhere(on 4 wheels anyhow) and I did have a good time. I'm sure I could drop 3-4 tenths easily with a pair of drag radials.

tuffluvcapo

Established Member
Your powershifting may have to do with your transmission problem. I'm not saying that it is damaging it, but I have found in my experience that our clutches/shifters are finnicky and require virtually no wheelspin or excess revving in order to accept the gear.

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
Could also be the drivetrain shock from powershifting making the motor pull timing for a second.

Users who are viewing this thread