Nexen Tires

frankin

Established Member
I was wondering about these tires. I checked them out and they seem to get good reviews. They are half the price of the name brands and they have been around for about 40 years. They are new to the US and have a high performance tire line. I do not race the car and need to put some new rubber on it.
Let me know what you think.
Here is the URl
http://216.102.143.83/

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
i've never ran them but i heard they are not that great from people that have ran them. the reason being they produce alot of road noise. i've heard nothing but good stuff about another brand thats pretty cheap which is vredestein. also i have ran sumitomo htrz II's and they were great for crusing around. they weren't noisy and i had them for about 2 years. if you dont burn them up they last. on tirerack the stock size for the cobra is only about 96 bucks.

Last edited:

frankin

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try them. rai 281, I will report on how noisy they are. I will also check out the Vredestein tires. The Sumitomo sounds good too. What the hell, if they perform as good as the name brands for street riding, then who cares what the name is.
I can use the spare money for other mods.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try them. rai 281, I will report on how noisy they are. I will also check out the Vredestein tires. The Sumitomo sounds good too. What the hell, if they perform as good as the name brands for street riding, then who cares what the name is.
I can use the spare money for other mods.

i agree. i got the sumitomos for my 18" bullitts and i knew i wouldn't be racing or going to the track with 18's. they were absolutly great for what i was using them for. alot of people bash them and say they don't grip. they are only a 100 bucks per tire where a goodyear f1 gsd3 is 277. so who gives 2 shits if they grip or not. ive done roll races form 2nd gear and they are fine. i saw that you are running a 2.93 pulley so your car might not grab in 2nd. the only mods i had were c/b, o/r h pipe, and a k&n fipk.

PuffAdder03

Speed Limit? What's That?
Established Member
I got them on mine. Drove 1400 miles to tx from miami. No noise and no problem here. I really like the look and feel.

CobraRyan

Banned
I run the 255 up front and love them...i had to buy a set of 275 for a road trip because i didnt want to use my 555rs for a 1000 mile roundtrip and they even hooked up in 2nd gear in 50-60 degree weather...thats with the upper/lower. They also have pretty good wet traction and arent noisy like some say.

FWT0310th

Established Member
I just put the Vredestein's on my car. They were a package deal with the FR500's I bought on ebay. The tires are great in every area but they do not hook up as well as the BFG g-force that are on my stock wheels. Other than that they are an improvement as far as handling, quietness and looks. These cars need help hooking up so I would not buy these again.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I just put the Vredestein's on my car. They were a package deal with the FR500's I bought on ebay. The tires are great in every area but they do not hook up as well as the BFG g-force that are on my stock wheels. Other than that they are an improvement as far as handling, quietness and looks. These cars need help hooking up so I would not buy these again.

which vredestein's did you get they have 2 diff styles.

FWT0310th

Established Member
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. 275/35/18 in front, 295/35/18 in back. I also installed some Steeda Sport springs at the same time. The stiffer springs may be contributing to less hook up performance. I just think I will be happier with DR's out back.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. 275/35/18 in front, 295/35/18 in back. I also installed some Steeda Sport springs at the same time. The stiffer springs may be contributing to less hook up performance. I just think I will be happier with DR's out back.

i was reading on a vette forum that these tires have no problems hooking. the vette owners have nothing but good feedback. i think im going to try them out. im going with the exact same size as you for my 18" bullitts.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I was in the same boat wanting to spend around $300 for two front street tires. I did alot of lurking on differant forums and reading reviews on tires and decided to go with a set of Falcen's FK-452's 275/35/18.

Last edited:

FWT0310th

Established Member
i was reading on a vette forum that these tires have no problems hooking. the vette owners have nothing but good feedback. i think im going to try them out. im going with the exact same size as you for my 18" bullitts.

Yes, I read some good reviews on the vette forums prior to my purchase. Like I said in my 1rst post, these tires are great for handling characteristics, looks, and they are quiet. They don't hook up as well as my BFG G-Force Sports that are on my stock wheels. I will give Vredestein the benefit of not knowing whether the stiffer springs I put on at the same time are the main cause. Obviously, there is not as much weight shift with stiffer springs. For the money, they are a good tire.
They probably hook on a vette just fine but...This is a Cobra Baby!!!!!

TrickStang37

Established Member
i think the vredestein hook up great, or atleast compared to the Sumitomo's i was runnin. I can finally pin it in second and not spin. this was in 60* weather (really cloudy tho so the pavement wasnt too warm from the sun). i am running 315's tho.

from my experience, i would never run a drag radial again on the street. the nitto dr's that i ran never hooked as well as a regular street tire in normal driving conditions. only when i heated them up were they better. if anything, they were worse than a street tire when cold. if you go to the track regularly (atleast twice a month) then ya i would.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
They have a tredwear off 300 and aa traction. They should last a little while, As long as i have a good alignment. My last fronts have been on the wheels since '03 about 30k miles and they were Kumho's w/ a treadwear of 280. Im putting them on next week, I will let you guys know about the noise factor.

Users who are viewing this thread