Next Big Upgrade

Warza

Established Member
I am going to pull the trigger most likely on Monday the 27th for my birthday to help ease the pain of dropping a couple thousand on car parts..

I am deciding between the following supercharger kits for my 2009 GT500:

2.9L Gen 4 Whipple kit ($5k sale on TPSMotorsports right now)

or
3.2LC Kenne Belle kit ($4.8k sale on TPSMotorsports right now)
or
Piece together a trinity or VMP Gen 2 kit myself from private sellers

Opinions are appreciated on any especially if you're running one of the setups or switched from one to another.

Goal right now is make high 600's to the wheel on 91 or whatever I can safely until I can go E85. Room for more power is definitely important as well. Future goal is max effort on stock internals.

Thanks!

HKusp

Established Member
Well, there is a Gen2R with low miles in the classfieds on here for $1999 ( I think) You can grab a set of 13/14 injectors new for about $250, and a set of VMP twin BAPS or a Kenne Bell BAP ($500-$600) and some tuning, prices depend on who you go with I had BJ at Venomous and am happy, he was very helpful sorting me out, and you'll be right there. I have the basic set-up I mentioned and hit 656 at the wheels about 6 weeks ago on 93 octane. You'd come out $1000-$1200 under pretty easy. Not sure what you already have, you will need a bigger TB, there's a twin 65mm FRPP for $400 in the classifieds and that's a great deal, and a CAI. I think that should do it.

Just saw the TB is sold, but look around they are for sale used in good condition on marketplace around $500
Here is the Gen2R:
https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/vmp-gen-ii-r-for-sale.1184951/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread