Next mod?

mburns

Established Member
I have an 02 GT with an auto. Current mods are Airaid CAI, Accel super coils, NGK iridium spark plugs, BBK underdrive pulleys, Bama handheld tuner, Magnaflow competition catback exhaust, 4.10 gears, and i also have a Pypes off road h-pipe that isn't currently on the car. I put in on the car and had major loss of power to what I assume was lack of back-pressure. So i put the stock back on. I have been wanting to get a set of high flow cats to weld into the Pypes h-pipe. Will that fix my problem? Also what should i do after that? Throttle body, injectors, what? Thanks for the help.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Did you recalibrate the tune for the off-road H-pipe? That should not cause any power loss at all if the tune is calilbrated correctly.

As far as your next mod, I could consider any combination of throttle body/plenum, aluminum driveshaft, or a good set of lower control arms. Of course, this selection depends on what you like to do with the car. Do you drag race, cruise, autox more? If hp is what you're looking for, the tb/plenum combo is pretty much your best shot unless you are wanting to dig deeper into a set of cams/heads/nitrous/blower. But at your power level, I still wouldn't expect much at all from a tb/plenum.

A good set of lower control arms could really improve the whole driving dynamics of the car.

mburns

Established Member
yes i updated the tune. what size throttle body would you recommend? 70mm, 75mm, or 78mm?

bobby_0081

Established Member
If you have enough cash buy a set of Trick Flow heads and Stage 2 cams. That will give you the best bang for your buck other than nitrous or a blower.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I'd go with a stall converter on an auto if you don't already have that. Control Arms and Sub Frames will help tighten the car, and the aluminum driveshaft will be lighter reducing rotational mass. I would go with a stall converter.

nxhappy

Established Member
you won't see too many gains with N/A mods. On these motors best thing you can do is boost it.

Users who are viewing this thread