Next modifications to make?

Brickell gt500

Established Member
I just want to get a consenus on what to do next. The budget is about $1000.
Mods presently installed: tune, x pipe, and introductory jlt carbon intake with air aid filter (not big air)

I am looking to add the most power within my budget. I appreciate all suggestions.

Goal is 700 plus. I have about 650 whp presently.

I was thinking of the new vmp tb 67 and smaller pulley.

Thanks again.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Me personally, I'd go with either the 10% or 15% OD from Innovators West or ATI - that combined with Ford Racing 65mm Cobra Jet Dual Blade Billet Throttle Body should make a killer combo close to your budget. If you're looking to pull the trigger soon, give us a shout and we'll do what we can to get you even closer to that budget.

If you've got the track pack, and don't want to do any modifications to the oil cooler, the 10% will fit, and that with the TB should get you close if not, over your power goal given what you expect to be making so far. Let us know if you have any other questions

Thanks
John

Brickell gt500

Established Member
Thanks for your suggestions. I think the lower pulley is going to exceed my budget especially wih labor costs.

If I decide to get a tb and a upper pulley how much power is typically added with the x pipe? I ask because I am not crazy over the sound of it. If I make my goal I will stick with it.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
John, the pulley change would require a retune, I assume, but would the throttle body by itself require a tune?

Yes on both accounts. The car would probably run on the stock tune with just the TB, but I would still get it retuned regardless. Both of which would be free revisions if you purchased a Lund Racing tune through Lethal Performance.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Yes on both accounts. The car would probably run on the stock tune with just the TB, but I would still get it retuned regardless. Both of which would be free revisions if you purchased a Lund Racing tune through Lethal Performance.

:thumbsup:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for your suggestions. I think the lower pulley is going to exceed my budget especially wih labor costs.

If I decide to get a tb and a upper pulley how much power is typically added with the x pipe? I ask because I am not crazy over the sound of it. If I make my goal I will stick with it.

When we tested on our 2013, the X pipe was good for about 16rwhp, and the monoblade gave us about 20 more as well. With the upper, you can probably expect around 30-35rwhp as well, keep in mind, these are ballpark figures.

Users who are viewing this thread