Next steps for better handling

key

Established Member
I'm wanting my car to handle better, and I've thrown some parts at it recently to help. Here's what I have so far:

H&R Race Springs
Tokico D-Specs
MM Full-Length SFC
Tires are BFG KDW IIs - 18x9 wheels in front 18x10 wheels in back (Cobra Replicas)

It's feeling a lot better but not quite where I would like it. It still doesn't feel very nimble and the steering is still vague feeling. Here are the parts I'm thinking of adding sometime soon (in this order):

MM K-Member brace
MM C/C Plates
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
Bruce's IRS Bushing set
Possibly a rear shock tower brace

And down the road I would go coil-overs with the MM K-Member if my interest in the car keeps up.

What should I change on my list? Anything that's not worth it? Should I go coil-overs/K-Member before worrying about that other stuff?

Also is there anything else I can do to stiffen up the chassis without totally replacing my MM subframes?

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm looking at ways to lose weight out of the car too, so I'm not ignoring that aspect.

Thanks,
Zach

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Add Bruce's Bolts, Grease Fittings, Rear Bumpsteer kit, the M.M. Front Bump-steer Kit, and a 4 wheel bump-steer Alignment. You will notice a big difference, and be good to go....

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Add them to your list. Probably don't need the K member Brace or R. Shock Tower Brace unless you do coil-overs. Bruce's Kit was the best mod I've done to the car, the MM Alum. Steering Bushings and F. Bumpsteer Kit finished it off. I recommend doing it all at once, with 1 alignment. No Wheel Hop, and much improved steering and handling.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread