Next Upgrade?????

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
This is what I currently have done to my '01 Cobra:
C&L Intake, underdrive pulleys, bassani x no cats, slp loudmouth II catback,Diablosport programmer(not custom tuned), Tko 500, spec stage 3+clutch, spec alum. flywheel, 4.10's, 03-04 cobra shocks and struts, eibach sportline springs.
Other stuff: Fr500 18's, y2k cobra R hood, in dash dvd:shrug:
So my question is what should I do next? I got a little extra money to spend so any ideas would be helpful...Thanks

White01Snake said:
This is what I currently have done to my '01 Cobra:
C&L Intake, underdrive pulleys, bassani x no cats, slp loudmouth II catback,Diablosport programmer(not custom tuned), Tko 500, spec stage 3+clutch, spec alum. flywheel, 4.10's, 03-04 cobra shocks and struts, eibach sportline springs.
Other stuff: Fr500 18's, y2k cobra R hood, in dash dvd:shrug:
So my question is what should I do next? I got a little extra money to spend so any ideas would be helpful...Thanks

I would do a ported lower intake. Send a PM to a member on here named: NAZMAN. You really aught to step up to 4.56 gears. I think you would love them as much as I did in my old 01 Cobra.

P.S. I wish you would post up a clip of your exhaust. I bet that SLP Loudmouth CB sounds awesome with your catless X pipe! I love Bassani. :rockon:

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
I tried doing a clip like you are talking about with my cell phone. And its sooooo loud you cant really hear anythnig but screeching. But yeah its really loud, I love it though. Thanks for the advice!

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
I would do a ported lower intake. Send a PM to a member on here named: NAZMAN. You really aught to step up to 4.56 gears. I think you would love them as much as I did in my old 01 Cobra.

P.S. I wish you would post up a clip of your exhaust. I bet that SLP Loudmouth CB sounds awesome with your catless X pipe! I love Bassani. :rockon:
Any idea what something like that would run price wise?(ported lower intake)
Whats the benefits of having that done?

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
01cobravortech said:

White01Snake

Shake and Bake!
Established Member
01cobravortech said:

White01Snake said:
I tried doing a clip like you are talking about with my cell phone. And its sooooo loud you cant really hear anythnig but screeching. But yeah its really loud, I love it though. Thanks for the advice!

Yea my Bassani Catted X pipe and CB is pretty damn loud. I can only imagine what the system sound slike minus the CATS. Once the ported blower goes on I'm taking thye CATS off. I am going to take great delight in disturbing most of the homos and pansies that live in NJ. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

White01Snake said:

I believe NAZMAN charges like $350 for the poretd lower intake. Not sure how much he is charging now but his reputation is gold on this site. He seems to be a great guy! A few members have reported anywhere from 15rwhp - 22rwhp after a tune. Its worth the $ especially if you aren't going with a blower in the very near future. I was going to send mine to him, but had an accident with my 01 Cobra 3 weeks before planning on doing so.

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
I would get a nice nitrous setup with a dynotune. A 125 shot will wake you up quite a bit! All in all, should be around $2K installed and tuned.

I had my 01 cobra setup with nitrous and loved it. It was there if I wanted it, yet not a constant strain on the engine(not that a blower would be bad by any means).

Last edited:

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
Strait Axle swap and More gear!!!!!!!!! This will be fun for a bit and cost effective if you can get some one to trade with you. Go 4.30 bare minimum and 4.56 I know you will fall in love with your car again. I did when I went to a strait axle and 4.10, but the 4.10 got old in about a week. I wish I went 4.56 and I will be going there soon enough.

White01Snake said:
What exactly would I be sending off to him? I'm mechanically retarded to a extent!

You'd have to remove your lower intake or pay someone to do it of course. The other option is buying a lower intake from KarKraft.com and sending him that one. They sell them for $400. Then you could always sell your stock lower. There's always a market for those.

Users who are viewing this thread