NFL Officiating Petition

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
Black2004Cobra said:
Your an idiot. I am neither a Hawks, or Steelers fan. I'm a football fan, and that was ****ing rediculous.
Wow. Stop your bitching and STFU. Either watch the game and enjoy it, or go protest every little thing in life you don't like. :poke:

Dickhead.

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
PhLoBuS said:
Poorly reffed game... when Roethlisberger was down the ball was at his hip and NOT across the line not even touching the line. Hasselback went for a low block? WTF he went for a tackle not a block. I am not a Fan of either team but Seattle got screwed badly...
There was inconclusive evidence for Bill to change the call. Therefore, the call stands as called.

The block was questionable, but we'll see how that goes with the league.

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
i am a fan of neither of those teams, but as far as super bowls go, with or without the officiating, i thought it was kinda :sleeping:. sure there was questionable calls that can be b!tched about till you're blue in the face but they wont be changed, however i think that the replay mise well not be used, it seems refs get more crap for going and looking at the replay and if they don't make the change then they are instantly harased...i personally don't think ben was across the line until after he was down and extended his arms, and the seahawks guy DID push off, but as far as pushing off goes that seemed to be a little nit picky :shrug: but all in all the game sucked, i still think the ncaa bowl week had worse officiating than last nights game though :fart:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
i really can't believe seahawk people are bitching this much about the ref calling. If you dont want things like that to be an issue you come out and dominate. Plain and simple. Don't leave the game in the refs hands. I really lost a lot of respect for those fans. I'm a fan of neither team.. I'm a damn saints fan so i know how it is to always blame the refs.

It was NOT AS BAD and they are claiming it was.

REFs will never get a game 100%. there are close calls that go either way.. and if your a fan of one team you will think it should go your way.

seattle lost.. and it wasn't even that close in points. It doesn't matter who lead what category.. thats just stupid.. they lost. Better luck next year.. STFU, stop bitchin and stop playing the IF game..

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
20 reasons the refs' calls didn't matter...

1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.
2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.
3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.
4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was Seattle.
5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.
6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.
7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.
8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.
9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.
10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.
11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.
12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.
13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.
14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.
15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)
16. The Refs werent the ones who caught a break when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was again another break for Seattle.
17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again would go to Seattle.
18. It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB Alexander in a few key situations. That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
19. It wasn't the Refs who converted many of their 3rd downs yet stopped their opponent on 3rd down often...that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
20. And the very bottom line is this...On plays when there wasn't any penalties...One team made plays and one team didn't. The end result was the final score, 21-10 Seattle was outcoached and outplayed.

Get over it Seattle.

If you followed the Steelers at all, you know that they play against the refs on a regular basis (see the Colts/Steelers playoff game) and still find a way to win, that's what champions do. Quit bitching. You lost.

DarickPSU

Mick in a Mystic
Established Member
NC03BlkSnake said:
20 reasons the refs' calls didn't matter...

1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.
2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.
3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.
4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was Seattle.
5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.
6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.
7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.
8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.
9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.
10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.
11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.
12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.
13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.
14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.
15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)
16. The Refs werent the ones who caught a break when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was again another break for Seattle.
17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again would go to Seattle.
18. It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB Alexander in a few key situations. That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
19. It wasn't the Refs who converted many of their 3rd downs yet stopped their opponent on 3rd down often...that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
20. And the very bottom line is this...On plays when there wasn't any penalties...One team made plays and one team didn't. The end result was the final score, 21-10 Seattle was outcoached and outplayed.

Get over it Seattle.

If you followed the Steelers at all, you know that they play against the refs on a regular basis (see the Colts/Steelers playoff game) and still find a way to win, that's what champions do. Quit bitching. You lost.

HHAHAHAHA. Well put.
D.

DarickPSU

Mick in a Mystic
Established Member
stealer12man.jpg

Not our fault the ref knows a good team when he sees one. :banana: :banana: :banana:
D.

IllestSVT

Established Member
VegasSVTWanted said:
3. That "holding call that wouldn't have mattered" would have put Seattle down at the Pit 1 yard line, first and goal with the score 14-10 Pitt. If they score there, 17-14 Seattle, Hassleback doesn't throw the interception which leads to Pitt scoring and going up 20-10. So, in essence, that is really a 7 point swing in favor of Pittsburgh.
I don't know you or anything about you, but I just wanted to go ahead and state the facts before someone else went ahead and blasted you. As I see it, you were 1-5!! Good job!!

Just my .02

Looks like you were wrong on that one. It was holding so the refs made a good call.

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
NC03BlkSnake said:

Yeah kinda funny how nobody wants to talk about the calls that were in favor of the Seahawks. Thats because everyone is too busy watching ESPN and having their opinions spoon-feed.

And the low block call was crap, but if you recall correctly the same thing happened to the Steelers v Colts. I forget which Steeler it was called on, but he went in for a tackle but was called for a low block. Obviously two wrongs don't make a right, I am just trying to prove that its been called wrong before so its not some conspiracy.

The hold was a hold, the PI was PI. The missed FG from 54 was a missed FG that gave the Steelers good field position. The horrible clock managment at the end of both halves was just that.

And the TD. Well see for yourself...

http://kurtvogeley.com/review/evidence.jpe

Of course it would be difficult to see in "real life" speed.

31C

Users who are viewing this thread