NFL strength of schedule??

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I keep hearing about how an nfl team with a terrrible record at the end of the season gets a weaker schedule the following year, is this true and how does it work? Thanks in advance.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
They schedule weaker teams against weaker teams to promote parity, but much of the schedule is set in stone. Each team plays the teams in their division twice. They also play all the teams in one division in their conference, and all the teams in one division in the other conference, and those divisions rotate every year. The remaining games are played against teams in their conference that finished in the same position in their own division. Clear as mud? LoL.

Take for example Houston. They play the teams in their division twice, IND, JAX, and TEN. Then they play the AFC West. OAK, DEN, KC, and SD. Then they play the NFC South. ATL, CAR, TB, and NO. Then they play 2 teams in their same conference that finished in the same position as the Texans did (LAST) MIA, and CLE. Each year the 2 full divisions they play from each conference rotates.

For the most part it's the luck of the draw. If you get scheduled against 2 tough divisions, tough shit for you lol.

Spyderman25

Established Member
I had an argument with a friend of mine last year about this... He's a die hard chargers fan and thought they would go all the way. Me on the other hand, kept telling him that they were going to choke in the playoffs becuz of their weak schedule. When a team isn't pushed to the brink and doesn't have any experience with playing/winning big games, how can you expect them to perform at a heightened level as they do in the playoffs?.... anyways, we all know what happened to them ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread