NGK TR6

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I believe they are, but i have to say if you can grab the TR7ix

I threw alot of mixed fuel, torco and a few questionable fill ups and never had any misfires. Plugs visually looked like crap after 15k, but still ran smooth.

Tough plug

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I've used them for years at 700 but regularly change them. It Used to be all anyone recommended a few years ago until these more expensive plugs came along.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to thread jack but will TR6's work well at 540hp if the car is only used between April-Nov.

Yes, TR6s are a good fit with your mods.

I have run both NGK TR6 & TR7IX up to 20psi of boost when gapped at .028 and both performed flawlessly. TR6s do need to be replaced more frequently.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure TR-6s cost me a head gasket running the Texas Mile.
Headgasket_zps46d50739.jpg

There are better plugs.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I think it also depends a lot on if you road course the car or never change them. If swapped yearly it shouldn't matter, the gap is what's important.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're running at least 15 psi of boost, you want one range colder plug at a minimum. TR-6 are in the stock heat range. Nothing wrong with factory iridium for stock heat range, but you want to tighten up the gap based on boost range. BJ has a good write up on gap recommendations, and spark plugs, on VMP 's website under the VMP Garage section.

V8Flexin

Established Member
If you're running at least 15 psi of boost, you want one range colder plug at a minimum. TR-6 are in the stock heat range. Nothing wrong with factory iridium for stock heat range, but you want to tighten up the gap based on boost range. BJ has a good write up on gap recommendations, and spark plugs, on VMP 's website under the VMP Garage section.
OK thanks I'll go check that out.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Imatk

Established Member
I change my TR6 plugs every oil change (every 7k miles or so) how often should you change the motorcraft or brisk plugs?

Users who are viewing this thread