ngk tr6?

Taz

Established Member
The TR6 is 1 step colder than stock. That would be an IT20 in a Denso Iridium.

For an N/A motor, CAREFULLY gap the IT20 plugs to .050.

T-

Last edited:

Digger

Established Member
TAZ, I should have mentioned that the car is super charged I am running the tr6 now but can here misfires at idle once in a while. Would the it20 be okay or colder? When I ran the br7 from ngk the car kept shutting down so I changed back to tr6 and all okay

Taz

Established Member
Originally posted by Digger
TAZ, I should have mentioned that the car is super charged I am running the tr6 now but can here misfires at idle once in a while. Would the it20 be okay or colder? When I ran the br7 from ngk the car kept shutting down so I changed back to tr6 and all okay

IT20's should work fine, but you'll want to close the gaps down to .035 in an F/I motor to prevent spark blowout. If you're running more than 10lbs of boost, you might even want to gap them down to .030.

Your idle miss should disappear with the IT20's. I'm using IT16's (stock heat range), which I bought to cure the same problem in my N/A snake. They did the trick for me.

Peter,

The TR6 will work in your N/A motor, but it's a colder plug than stock. The only motivation for moving to a colder plug is to avoid detonation. If you're not having a problem, stick with a stock heat range plug.

T-

Last edited:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
I just ordered the br7's off the recommondation of the shop i order them from. Anyone else run them with success?

edit. sorry, i just noticed how old this thread was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread