Nice GT500 axle back video

DIB5.0

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD58WGi6mMo"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 with GT500 exhaust mufflers[/nomedia]

OneSVTFan

Established Member
I have the 2011 GT500 axle backs as well but I took it one step further. I had a muffler shop cut the resonators out and replace with straight pipe. Without the resonators the GT500 mufflers have a deeper sound but no drone and at crusing speed you can barely hear them but under throttle really sounds good. I may replace the H pipe with high flow cats when they are available. I have heard the off road X with no resontators and GT500 axle backs and it is pretty aggressive and some have actually put the resontators back on with the off road X.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
just like me, with a different midpipe it will sound terrible with no resonators. to sum it up. if you ever think you may change the midpipe, id leave your resonators alone...

mcduffer7

Established Member
I just wrapped up putting my GT500 mufflers on. A tad louder on cold start, not very much louder at idle but definitely louder and the perfect sound when revving. I have not driven the car as there is snow here but will post a video soon. They sound DAMN good. Everything else is stock and staying that way.

kbmag1

Established Member
ONESVTFAN, I have been doing alot of searches trying to find a post on the GT500 without resonators. By chance do you have a video? Do you still have the same set up? Thanks, first post on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread