Nice long key scratch...

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
Hey guy's...yeah, it happend...anyway it's kind of deep too, I can see the primer, are there any quick fixes to use while I await an exspensive reclearing? It looks like crap, and I have to wait for my painter sooooooo...?? thanks guys!!! It's on the driver door along the side until a portion of the fender

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
its shit like this that makes me not want to take the queen out of the garage, mofo's have no respect for a nice ride... :cuss: :fm: :nono:
:cuss: :fm: :nono:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If it's getting fixed, I wouldn't screw with it, you will just make more work for the guy fixing it. Sorry to hear it.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
As long as it isn't down to the metal I'd leave it alone if you've already got an appointment for a repair. My friend's '86 Mustang GT with custom paint was keyed with a screwdriver from the front fender to the rear fender last year. It went all the way down to the metal. I hate stupid assholes that do things like that. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. :nonono:

Juiced-03

Established Member
You could always use thin coats of touch up paint to cover it up, let it dry, lightly wet sand it, then buff it with compound. Keep doing that until it is level with the rest of the paint.

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
Ive used this to hide scratches temporarily, not sure if your's is too deep but use Turtle color wax with the crayon, fill it, wipe it with a cloth and then cover the scratch with a thin coat of the color wax and then buff. It may do till you have it repaired, the scratch should be less easier to see and maybe wont bother you as much. Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread