Nice SHO.....

SNCBOOM

Established Member
At a local used car dealership about .25 miles from my house they have a red SHO, not sure of the year model. I have never seen an SHO up close or even on the road for that matter and this one looks sweet! Why don't they make these anymore? cool cars

machone

NA power
Established Member
Because it wouldnt be profitable for ford. That and the only reason the sho exist is cause ford was gonna put the motors in another car, but they scrapped the idea but had already ordered the engines. So whats the cheapest way to get rid of em? Throw em in the most popular car...

machone

NA power
Established Member
No prob, i could prolly write a whole page about the sho but im not going to cuz most of it is depressing. Check out shotimes.com for more info.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
did you look under the hood ?
go test drive it and listen to the revs past 4 k , youll love it =D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Actually it was orignally supposed to be in a two seat car and compete with the 'Vette. I don't think Ford 'already ordered the engines'. If they did, then why did they run for 6 years with numerous changes?

Originally posted by 91SHO+
Because it wouldnt be profitable for ford. That and the only reason the sho exist is cause ford was gonna put the motors in another car, but they scrapped the idea but had already ordered the engines. So whats the cheapest way to get rid of em? Throw em in the most popular car...

machone

NA power
Established Member
Ya i know it was gonna be a mid engine monster. And yes thye did already order the engines, ford wouldnt of created the sho otherwise...

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Actually it was orignally supposed to be in a two seat car and compete with the 'Vette. I don't think Ford 'already ordered the engines'. If they did, then why did they run for 6 years with numerous changes?
Hey you still exist heheh :)

Yeah I agree with SHOguy SHO's are amazing from 4k all the way up to the 7400 RPM fual cut off!!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I might just have to go by there and take a test drive!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
:lol: great mentality sohowcome......when i do get an L..you're never driving it, lol! J/K :thumbsup:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Wanta03L
:lol: great mentality sohowcome......when i do get an L..you're never driving it, lol! J/K :thumbsup:
heheh take it up to 7400 rpm fuel cutoff and you will grow an instant woody

SNCBOOM

Established Member
:lol: Well i cant say that i wouldn't....lol 7400 whew thats a lot! :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
BS. So before late 1988 Ford already had 60k SHO motors? (including the 3.2L) and if wasn't going to exist, why make the ATX and why not kill it after the Gen II?

:read:

Originally posted by 91SHO+
And yes thye did already order the engines, ford wouldnt of created the sho otherwise...

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'm not sure yet...i've had to work everyday i'll probably go by tomorrow after school :thumbsup:

netviper

Established Member
get an LPM and the fuel cutoff can be raised. Mine doesn't cut out till well past what my tach can read.

Some ppl on the SHOforum have said they have run a couple up to over 10k RPM's. I doubt that there is much power left at that point though

machone

NA power
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
BS. So before late 1988 Ford already had 60k SHO motors? (including the 3.2L) and if wasn't going to exist, why make the ATX and why not kill it after the Gen II?

:read:
Okay first of all, whats this 60,000 motors??? There were never 60k shos, it was more like 5k and they were all 3.0, no 3.2s existed. Why did they continue the sho? Dont ask, guess they wanted to make some money.

Users who are viewing this thread