Nice to see some folks show up at Mt. Vernon.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Will had fun spanking an Evo from Bellingham, which probably started a rivalry since I know those guys. They'll turn it up and be back for more. The crazy Asian in the Porsche showed up wanting to do half mile freeway runs again, this is normal for this dude. A Procharged GT and an LS1 went to play but I didn't see that run. Nice to see Rick, Derek and Tyler show up. Great weather, plenty of BS'ing and no Polizie issues. I can't wait to get the Brute up and going.

Tylerb59

Established Member
I raced both of the Porsches, beat the living shit out of them. Went up to 140 on both runs (probably wasn't even a quarter mile from a 40mph start) and they couldn't be seen.

On the second run it was the same story but coming down around 100mph something broke in the driveline and I coasted to the side of the road.

The clutch pedal is all gummy and the car wont start. That was just before 2am and didn't get a real tow truck out there until 4am.

Thanks to Will, Rick and Derek (who had to go work at 7am) for sticking it out ... you guys are killer friends and I really appeciate the help.

The Cobra will be down for a while. I might stock pile some parts but not sure what I'm going to do with the transmission. It may be time to go auto, rather then deal with this clutch business.

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your breakage. Nice kills nonetheless. What clutch was in there? Auto huh? Not me, just couldn't do with an Auto in a Snake. Now a bulletproof T-56 with the CF-DFX like I had in mine would work. I know yer not over 800 Lbs of torque yet. BTW, the way they rate trannies is under load for 24 hrs. Contact Ellis over on LS1Tech in the NorthWest section if ya want the good stuff in either tranny. He's the guy that used to be at Kirkland Tranmission that built mine. He knows his shit.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Yea, I was over at his place drinking beers before Rick called me to meet up with you guys. :)

Just looking at different roads to take. Will suggested taking a good bit of down time to build the sucker up. An auto would certainly make a sick drag car off the line.

But when I'm ready to bust out the bills I'll probably have Ellis take over and Don to put in the cage.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Sounds like you guys had Fun. It was cool to Randomly see you in your car up in Mill Creek. Who did you race the Gt and Ls1? And the Viper T-56 would be cool.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Sorry, raced both of the Porsches.

Those guys were irrating the crap out of me.

It had to be the single biggest beat down I've ever given someone. It was a total waste of gas but damn did it feel good to put them in their places.

Jackholes wanting to race us over a half mile? wtf?! I would have to give them a quarter mile head start based on the way things went.

Last edited:

whippleblown03

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
I raced both of the Porsches, beat the living shit out of them. Went up to 140 on both runs (probably wasn't even a quarter mile from a 40mph start) and they couldn't be seen.

On the second run it was the same story but coming down around 100mph something broke in the driveline and I coasted to the side of the road.

The clutch pedal is all gummy and the car wont start. That was just before 2am and didn't get a real tow truck out there until 4am.

Thanks to Will, Rick and Derek (who had to go work at 7am) for sticking it out ... you guys are killer friends and I really appeciate the help.

The Cobra will be down for a while. I might stock pile some parts but not sure what I'm going to do with the transmission. It may be time to go auto, rather then deal with this clutch business.

did you break the flywheel? let me know what happened! or broke the input shaft! i have some used parts for sale! or upgrade that thing and get her going again!

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Good time had by all. Charlie's right, those EVO guys will be gunning for me hard now. Like Derek and I say " BRING IT!".

I had a bad feeling about racing those porsche's so I ran scout for Tyler and them. Good thing as when I got home and took off the DR's, found my upper control arm on the driver side was INCREDIBLY loose, moving more than inch! Nut end is darn near even with the end of the bolt. Looks like when my springs were installed, someone didn't torque em down all the way. THANK GOD I wasn't running with Tyler and those 944's at 150+................

Charlie needs to get his bucket of bolts back up so I can have my ass kicked some more........ Although there were several ricers eyeballing his Hemi for a race..... :)

Tyler, even though it ROYALLY sucks being that driving season here in the NW just started, I would pull the car down ONCE and do it right. Might take 3+ months, but at your power level, it'd be nice to not worry about that portion of your drivetrain......Besides, your Metro would take half those ricers anyways.....LOL

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Tyler, if ya go with the T-56 and decide on the Viper 5th and 6th, there's two ways to go. The Viper ouput shaft and gear set requires that ya send in the back housing to be machined. However, Republic or Liberty (I forget which) has a gear set from F-Bodies that will fit the Cobra output shaft to give ya the gears set ratios. I wouldn't recommend the Viper ratio 5th and 6th unless you're going to 4.10's with a locker like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread