Nissan develops "eco" pedal to assist smart driving

Don Juan

Established Member
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co said on Monday it has developed an accelerator pedal that can push back on the driver's foot when it detects excess pressure and poor fuel efficiency.

Japan's No.3 automaker said it would install the "ECO pedal", which can be switched on or off by the driver, in its cars from next year. It didn't specify which models would be equipped with the new technology.

Internal research showed that the system, which comes with real-time fuel consumption levels displayed in the instrument panel, could improve fuel efficiency by 5-10 percent depending on driving conditions.

b51cmu.jpg

:lol1:

Full article

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsumerGoodsAndRetailNews/idUST25709120080804

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
lol, like that will stop the WOT/Hard braking redlight to redlight soccer moms

PC Doc

Established Member
I have to fight with my wife about how fast I drive. Now I have to fight with the car to? No thanks... :D

Last edited:

CyberDaveA

Established Member
hmm... it sounds like they are setting themselves up for a law suit. Imagine somebody sees a careless motorist about to run a red light and T-bone them... and to avoid the accident he punches the gas but the car won't accelerate... No thanks, I'd rather be in full control of my car.... "traction control" is bad enough...

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I read this early this morning. I think it is a failed attempt at trying and bring more customers into their showrooms.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Just design the cars more fuel efficient. People pay alot of money for cars, they don't need people to tell them how to drive em.

My luck eco pedal would decide to kick in when I was trying to pull out into busy traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread