nitrouis w/apten do i need a fuel system upgrade

tonythetiger

Established Member
im puting my apten and nitrous system in i plan to shoot a 100shot with a 2.76 pully will i need a bap or larger fuel rail

lucafu1

Established Member
i need to know this too. i was told that your pumps will run out before the injectors. i also bought a maf because i herd alot of them pegging.

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
i plan to run a 75 wet shot with the port job as well. ive talked to a local guy who has the same setup and he made 570 on a mustang dyno NO FUEL UPGRADES! the plus about the wet kit is it compensates for fuel so there is no need to upgrade.

grnenvy

Established Member
Go with that special that apten has. 60lbinj and meter then get a sct tune. You may not need pumps or bup. With the sct chip they can bump up the fuel pressure.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You will need Dual Focus Pumps or a BAP, a new MAF, i prefer the SCT Big Air, or MJs extender, and Injectors i would do 50s or 55s. 60s would be overkill i think since you arent using the nitrous all the time. The 55s will be good for well over 600rwhp

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by wiz
i plan to run a 75 wet shot with the port job as well. ive talked to a local guy who has the same setup and he made 570 on a mustang dyno NO FUEL UPGRADES! the plus about the wet kit is it compensates for fuel so there is no need to upgrade.

That is not true. Where do you think the extra fuel comes from with a wet kit? Instead of it going through the lines to the injectors it comes off the rail and sprays into the air tube. For a wet kit you will atleast need a pump upgrade for it, i would still do the injectors. You are going to run the rail dry trying to pull fuel from it for the nitrous and trying to feed the injector.

Your buddy may have done it, but that motor isnt going to last very long at all, i bet he was going extremely lean as well

tonythetiger

Established Member
so is there any point in puting in a wet kit since im going to have dyno tune anyway maybe dry kit is better yes no?

chrisle7220

Established Member
so let me get this straight. The thing you would need the most is a pump. Where can i find a good, well priced one? I too plan on doing the same setup, but if im gonna end up buying injectors, maf, and pump, I might as well get the KB or whipple. No need for an apten. Shit the fuel upgrades will cost more then the Nitrous and the Apten. LOL

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced46
That is not true. Where do you think the extra fuel comes from with a wet kit? Instead of it going through the lines to the injectors it comes off the rail and sprays into the air tube. For a wet kit you will atleast need a pump upgrade for it, i would still do the injectors. You are going to run the rail dry trying to pull fuel from it for the nitrous and trying to feed the injector.

Your buddy may have done it, but that motor isnt going to last very long at all, i bet he was going extremely lean as well
the car im talking about is paul the owner of www.razorsedgemotorsports.com its his personal car. im only telling you what he told mee. i still plan to send my blower for a port job and wiull be spraying a 75 wet shot with no plan to upgrade pumps or injectors. if things change at the dyno i will be certain to post. but in the meantime this will be my plan. i have a track rental coming up on the 11th of december and plan to be ready by thn.

lucafu1

Established Member
Well I was told that you will run your pumps out before injectors. I was thinking about getting a BAP but Im gonna wait to see if Ill even need. BTW I have a Apten, and Ill be spraying a small dry shot in front of the MAF. Im going with the SCT MAF also.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by wiz
the car im talking about is paul the owner of www.razorsedgemotorsports.com its his personal car. im only telling you what he told mee. i still plan to send my blower for a port job and wiull be spraying a 75 wet shot with no plan to upgrade pumps or injectors. if things change at the dyno i will be certain to post. but in the meantime this will be my plan. i have a track rental coming up on the 11th of december and plan to be ready by thn.

Well i wish you and your engine luck.

If you are making around 490-500rwhp with an Apten then spray a 75 shot on top of that you are going to run out of fuel for sure.

The pumps max out right around 500rwhp.

What mods and power level are you at now?

chrisle7220- You can go with dual focus pumps. They are around $170 for the set. Call Randy in parts @ Liberty Ford in Maryland and he can hook you up with them

Juiced-03

Established Member

chrisle7220- You can go with dual focus pumps. They are around $170 for the set. Call Randy in parts @ Liberty Ford in Maryland and he can hook you up with them

Does that price require a core as well?

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
Well i wish you and your engine luck.

If you are making around 490-500rwhp with an Apten then spray a 75 shot on top of that you are going to run out of fuel for sure.

The pumps max out right around 500rwhp.

What mods and power level are you at now?

lfp HE,accufab t.b./plenum,magnaflow catted x,magnaflow catback,sfph 2.80/upr pulley tensioner kit,diablow,upr big mouth open filter

465.4/474.2
im going to look for a bap. even though ive heard od several people making over 500 with wet kits and stock fuel systems. bap is a small investment.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by wiz
lfp HE,accufab t.b./plenum,magnaflow catted x,magnaflow catback,sfph 2.80/upr pulley tensioner kit,diablow,upr big mouth open filter

465.4/474.2
im going to look for a bap. even though ive heard od several people making over 500 with wet kits and stock fuel systems. bap is a small investment.

After you add an Apten to your current mods i think you are really going to be pushing it with the stock fuel system. With the Apten alone your MAF and Pumps are going to be on edge.

You can try to spray it, it may work a few times, but it would be a good investment to do a MAF and pumps or a BAP.

The Focus pumps are a simple install. Only thing you have to do is cut off the 03 Cobra plugs inside the tank and wire in the Focus plug. Its very simple

There is no Core charge on the pumps. It was right around $170 shipped

Users who are viewing this thread