Nitrous 100 shot. Question

Serge

Established Member
I'm looking to perchase a zex black out kit with 100 shot of nos. do I have to get my car tune with timing retard. It's normally used only on open trottle . I'm getting cams and upgraded injectors. And fuel pump.

bleedout

Established Member
You don't need a tune or injectors. I've ran 2 zex kits on 2 different mustangs. The are reliable, easy kits. I would however buy a window switch it could save your ass. And a bottle heater is a good buy as well to keep pressure up. I dropped 1 step colder on the plugs. You can run a 100 pill with 93 octane all day. Any questions feel free to ask. I've installed both kits myself.

bleedout

Established Member
Btw the only reason you would need a pump or dyno tune as you mention is if you want to run more nitrous than 100 shot. If so definitely need a tune if you want to go more juice

bleedout

Established Member
A window switch allows you to set the rpm you want the nitrous to engage and disengage. For example I set mine to engage at 3000rpm and disengage at 5600rpm. You don't want nitrous to engage too soon, I believe it's not less than 2500rpm. It's safer this way, I remember before I installed my window switch I was roll racing and once I missed 3rd gear, was using stock shifter and I had a nitrous backfire and blew my JLT cold air in two lol. So Def invest in a window switch. It's well worth the $200

Serge

Established Member
Wow. I will invest in a windows switch. What happens to the tps that come with the kit that activates at open throttle does I still keep.

bleedout

Established Member
It's debatable. Some say certain kits produce more hp than others and maybe so. Thing with nitrous is the torque, it produces a lot of torque and seat of pants hual ass lol. 100 shot probably gives 80hp or so some close to 100 hp. Just depends on set up. But it's fun and addicting. If you can afford I say go for it

Shaker56

Also check into your traction control if it comes on when the nitrous is being njected you can end up with major engine problems thats what i was told maybe someone here knows more im also installing it also when I find out more

Serge

Established Member
im getting the car tune for the nitrous i was told it safer and they can get more power out of the car with a tune. and having theme to deactivated the traction control im installing 106200 cams and a uper intake spacer and bigger injector.

Users who are viewing this thread