Nitrous A6 auto guys! I need your help!

Atsownz

I need the help of all the nitrous A6 auto guys!

First off I have a '13 a6 car with: Boss IM, JLT, Kooks l/t and full exhaust, 3:31's, Circle D 4c, and a bama tune.
Im looking to put a plate kit on the car, but was lost on the window switch/ activation side. I was wondering if you guys could share when you start/stop spraying, and if you are spraying through shifts. I figured I would need a WOT, window,but was lost on what rpm to activate and deactivate.

CharlieR

Established Member

First off I have a '13 a6 car with: Boss IM, JLT, Kooks l/t and full exhaust, 3:31's, Circle D 4c, and a bama tune.
Im looking to put a plate kit on the car, but was lost on the window switch/ activation side. I was wondering if you guys could share when you start/stop spraying, and if you are spraying through shifts. I figured I would need a WOT, window,but was lost on what rpm to activate and deactivate.
I have Circle D 4C, off road X, and JMS Dry kit, stock intake and CAI. I begin spraying at 3500(300 before converter stall), I stop at 7300(1-2 shift at 7250 rest at 7000) so as you can see I spray through the shifts. :)

Atsownz

I have Circle D 4C, off road X, and JMS Dry kit, stock intake and CAI. I begin spraying at 3500(300 before converter stall), I stop at 7300(1-2 shift at 7250 rest at 7000) so as you can see I spray through the shifts. :)
Thanks! I was just cautious about spraying through shifts as you hear so many different opinions. I just wanted to find out what you guys were finding to work best. I take it you're using a window switch only? Also do you mind sharing your launching tricks? I've been just leaving off idle.

mods in sig...spray it right off the line with a pedal switch
Thanks! Do you have any special launch trick or do you just leave off idle and let it spray out of the hole?
Also do you guys mind sharing who did your tunes? Trying to find a good nitrous tuner for a 150 shot without having the car too down on power when running around n/a..

Thanks again guys!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
With an auto, no need for a window switch. Spray through the shift. It's fine. We do A LOT with tuning with nitrous and has become one of our most proud possessions. I drive around on my nitrous tune on my 13 auto every day. Yes their is a loss of power as the A/F, timing, and other parameters are changed but it's still fun to me. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot us a call. 561-417-5555

CharlieR

Established Member
Thanks! I was just cautious about spraying through shifts as you hear so many different opinions. I just wanted to find out what you guys were finding to work best. I take it you're using a window switch only? Also do you mind sharing your launching tricks? I've been just leaving off idle.

Thanks! Do you have any special launch trick or do you just leave off idle and let it spray out of the hole?
Also do you guys mind sharing who did your tunes? Trying to find a good nitrous tuner for a 150 shot without having the car too down on power when running around n/a..

Thanks again guys!
I used to stop spraying before the shifts, but after comparing logs my set-up liked spraying through shifts better. It never got unsafe, but turning off and on the fuel trims started to pull fuel just as it kicked back in. I have a TPS based WOT switch, window switch, progressive, and even a 2nd progressive map on a button in my controller. My car likes the "off Idle/flash converter" launch. Maybe it's the crappy tracks/18" Drag radials I deal with:)D) that liked it because if I stall it up it usually spun it's butt off. Oops, missed one, JMS Dry Kit and tune.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member

Thanks again guys!
I have sprayed off idle but the car seems to like loading the converter up to around 2500.

I'm running a Mike Rousch tune.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Back in the day, when I had my direct port setup I would power brake the car..no trans brake (haha) to about 2200rpm (circle D 3c) I set my progressive controller to activate at about 2500rpm and only had a .5sec progressive ramp. Of course I used a WOT switch.

A note on the WOT switch.... These cars are DBW... Some people say to use a micro switch...but if something where to happen and your TB did decide to close (I.E your auto missed a shift and hit a limiter) your foot is still planted and its still spraying on a shut TB.

4VFTW

Established Member
A note on the WOT switch.... These cars are DBW... Some people say to use a micro switch...but if something where to happen and your TB did decide to close (I.E your auto missed a shift and hit a limiter) your foot is still planted and its still spraying on a shut TB.
I have had this very thing happen several times and while I would not suggest it is a good thing to do on the regular , it is clearly not a doomsday scenario either.

CharlieR

Established Member
Back in the day, when I had my direct port setup I would power brake the car..no trans brake (haha) to about 2200rpm (circle D 3c) I set my progressive controller to activate at about 2500rpm and only had a .5sec progressive ramp. Of course I used a WOT switch.
I'm going to the track tomorrow night on 17" ET Streets(bias ply) I'm gonna Try this launch technique again because I should not spin these tires. I also have TPS based WOT, progressive and window switch.

A note on the WOT switch.... These cars are DBW... Some people say to use a micro switch...but if something were to happen and your TB did decide to close (I.E your auto missed a shift and hit a limiter) your foot is still planted and its still spraying on a shut TB.
Yes and they can have the same issue with spraying "untuned" from the nannies/torque management. I don't even finish reading the "can I spray a xxx shot without a nitrous tune" anymore.

Last edited:

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
So, the Nitrous express plate kit comes with a wot switch right, If I have an auto and run a 150 shot using that kit, I can just floor it off the line and it will be spraying, but what if it does spin and hit rev limiter because of the 4.10 gears? I'm trying to sell my current zex nozzle kit to fund the NX plate kit...

4VFTW

Established Member
So, the Nitrous express plate kit comes with a wot switch right, If I have an auto and run a 150 shot using that kit, I can just floor it off the line and it will be spraying, but what if it does spin and hit rev limiter because of the 4.10 gears? I'm trying to sell my current zex nozzle kit to fund the NX plate kit...
well you take your foot out of it as soon as you hit the limiter and you should be fine. make sure advance trac is disabled also. you could always put a window switch in just above your shift point for peace of mind.

NitrousExpress

Established Member

Start spraying at 3,000 and stop a couple hundred RPM's before your limiter.

-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread