nitrous and warranty

KidMoney

Established Member
If you put a dry nitrous setup on your car without a tune, EXPECT it to blow up.

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement and you clearly have no business giving anyone nitrous advice. There are tons of cars with dry kits running around, and with 100's of passes on them. You think nitrous companies are just out there selling kits that automatically blow people's cars up?? And they are still in business and people still buy the kits?? You should stick to whatever you do and don't offer insight on something you know nothing about.

And for the record, you could run up to 100 shot on your BONE STOCK Coyote and it will be fine. Just be sure to spray it in front of the Mass air sensor.

96project

Established Member
150 wet shot here on a stock b headed motor. No tune, just colder plugs. Blew the intake manifold off the car one time.. but that was due to wrong jets. Don't be scared to break something, it WILL happen if you want a performance car. If you want your warranty, then tint your windows and enjoy a stock car. Nitrous isn't as dangerous as people say it is.. It's kinda like business reviews, you mainly hear the bad stories. :beer:

CharlieR

Established Member
although i agree with what most people said, you dont really need a tune with 100 wet shot. just colder plug. wet shots when properly jetted are "tuned". dry requires tune and id stay away from that all together. just sayin. and some people have been lucky and run nitrous and been able to remove it when getting warranty work done, i have and know guys that have done it on a few cars, but it is very risky and we were prepared for them to say no, just thought we'd try and were lucky. but then again i didnt blow a motor and try to warranty it. just timing chains, clutches and the usual sensors that wouldve failed anyway. and this was with cars 2001 and older. a friend of mine used to blowup his 96 zr1 vette with a 200+ shot and get it warrantied alot, but that was back in 1998 so i dont know if their ecus logged what these do today.

nitrous isnt for everyone but it is pretty simple and safe if you know what your doing, which if you dont id stay away until your ready to learn and pay the potential costs of your learning curve.
What happens to that "wet shot tune" when the computer removes fuel from the injectors to cure a rich condition? Lets ask you new Yote engine... "I WILL Detonate and Break some pistons". Oh that sounds bad.

This^^^

Nitrous gets a bad rep because most people have no experience with it. Just the stories they heard from there friends cousins uncles brother who blew his motor once.

I have ran it on two of my cars, beat the living hell out of them the entire time and never once had a problem. Gotta be smart and know what your doing. Its not fast and furious where you hit the switch and your good to go.
I have plenty of N2O experience. On the new 5.0's(like all N2O kits) wet kit vs. dry is a matter of opinion,to tune or not(even wet kits) is a matter of if you'll be able to keep driving the car.

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement and you clearly have no business giving anyone nitrous advice. There are tons of cars with dry kits running around, and with 100's of passes on them. You think nitrous companies are just out there selling kits that automatically blow people's cars up?? And they are still in business and people still buy the kits?? You should stick to whatever you do and don't offer insight on something you know nothing about.

And for the record, you could run up to 100 shot on your BONE STOCK Coyote and it will be fine. Just be sure to spray it in front of the Mass air sensor.
I know who has no business giving advice. Tell you what, You take your own advice. See what happens when you're spraying 100 shot @ 12.7:1 A/F and no timing retarding. It WILL BLOW UP! You will destroy a(probably multiple) piston, and quickly.

150 wet shot here on a stock b headed motor. No tune, just colder plugs. Blew the intake manifold off the car one time.. but that was due to wrong jets. Don't be scared to break something, it WILL happen if you want a performance car. If you want your warranty, then tint your windows and enjoy a stock car. Nitrous isn't as dangerous as people say it is.. It's kinda like business reviews, you mainly hear the bad stories. :beer:
Not the same. If you spray a wet kit the Yote computer will pull fuel from the injectors to keep A/F @ whatever it is commanded in the tune. This is why a tune IS NEEDED on all 5.0's running N2O, wet, dry, in front of mass air or behind.

In closing if you Spray a 5.0 Get it tuned or it WILL break.

Oh, OP, No warranty, sorry. :shrug:

KidMoney

Established Member
What happens to that "wet shot tune" when the computer removes fuel from the injectors to cure a rich condition? Lets ask you new Yote engine... "I WILL Detonate and Break some pistons". Oh that sounds bad.

I have plenty of N2O experience. On the new 5.0's(like all N2O kits) wet kit vs. dry is a matter of opinion,to tune or not(even wet kits) is a matter of if you'll be able to keep driving the car.

I know who has no business giving advice. Tell you what, You take your own advice. See what happens when you're spraying 100 shot @ 12.7:1 A/F and no timing retarding. It WILL BLOW UP! You will destroy a(probably multiple) piston, and quickly.

Not the same. If you spray a wet kit the Yote computer will pull fuel from the injectors to keep A/F @ whatever it is commanded in the tune. This is why a tune IS NEEDED on all 5.0's running N2O, wet, dry, in front of mass air or behind.

In closing if you Spray a 5.0 Get it tuned or it WILL break.

Oh, OP, No warranty, sorry. :shrug:

If you'd like to bet a little something I'd love nothing more than to take my advice and prove you wrong. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. People are doing this EVERYDAY. This isn't theory. This isn't an argument you can win.

CharlieR

Established Member
If you'd like to bet a little something I'd love nothing more than to take my advice and prove you wrong. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. People are doing this EVERYDAY. This isn't theory. This isn't an argument you can win.
I give advice to help and clearly am trying to prevent anyone from damaging their engine. It will not last, race gas(unleaded) can help but it's gonna be too lean and have too much timing. Detonation will get it sooner than later. I assure you I have some knowledge of Nitrous and Coyote engines. :shrug:

Sprayed 125 pre maf over the weekend on my friends 2011 and it is still alive and well after 2 bottles ....
Well, I wish your friend Good luck. I hope it lasts forever but I doubt it will. I also have been running N2O(100 Dry, tuned) on my 11 since 2/11 and it's still alive Over 20,000 miles of DD and a ton of Dyno and track passes.(Mostly 1/8 mile round here but some 1/4 too)

2011 Base auto Gt.
Circle D 3c converter(3600-3800 stall)
JMS Dry N2O kit(.052-100 jet) and tune
265/40/18 Mickey Thompson ET street II's on stock type American Muscle 18x10's(was in MMFF last April I think)
Best 1/4- 10.98@127 w/ 1.57 60' and 7.09@101(crappy track)
Settings were: Window= 3500-6900rpm, progressive=-70%, ramp up=1.25 seconds to 100%

Best time 1/8- 6.81@100 w/ 1.466 60'
same as above mods,
settings were:Window=3500-6900rpm, Progressive=-30%, ramp up=.5 seconds to 100%

KidMoney

Established Member
It will last. We've been running these dry kits for years in everything from fox body's to LS1 cars to these cars. You have no proof of what you're claiming at all. That's not advice, that's a guess. And I'm glad someone else stepped in with their real world experience as well.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
^^^ the only problem with LS1and FOXES,is they dont have a live active ecm, i am wondering about how much nitrous you can run before you need a tune and i think 75 shot is it.
if the ecm tries to keep a 12.5 air fuel ratio ,it shouldnt blow up at that tho?
i have been researching this nitrous and i think for a xtra 70 bucks for the tune its cheaper in the long run than race gas???

CharlieR

Established Member
It will last. We've been running these dry kits for years in everything from fox body's to LS1 cars to these cars. You have no proof of what you're claiming at all. That's not advice, that's a guess. And I'm glad someone else stepped in with their real world experience as well.
I ran Before the mass air nitrous on 3 previous cars(all mod motor Mustangs, 1 procharged + .022 jet). I do not like fuel going through my manifold(ie. wet kit,My personal opinion). I worked with JMS, to make the Dry kit I'm running. The 1st attempt was before the mass air(like my 3 previous cars), I've seen the Data, I know what was going on with a .036 jet test. I'm Done here, I've Said my "guess" and everyone can do as they please. Good Luck to all.

KidMoney

Established Member
^^^ the only problem with LS1and FOXES,is they dont have a live active ecm, i am wondering about how much nitrous you can run before you need a tune and i think 75 shot is it.
if the ecm tries to keep a 12.5 air fuel ratio ,it shouldnt blow up at that tho?
i have been researching this nitrous and i think for a xtra 70 bucks for the tune its cheaper in the long run than race gas???

I know for a fact 100-125 hp can be done and work perfectly. I also don't know where the 12.5 a/f number is coming from? My car is always richer than that. That's what my gauge in the dash and the one on the dyno say.

KidMoney

Established Member
I ran Before the mass air nitrous on 3 previous cars(all mod motor Mustangs, 1 procharged + .022 jet). I do not like fuel going through my manifold(ie. wet kit,My personal opinion). I worked with JMS, to make the Dry kit I'm running. The 1st attempt was before the mass air(like my 3 previous cars), I've seen the Data, I know what was going on with a .036 jet test. I'm Done here, I've Said my "guess" and everyone can do as they please. Good Luck to all.

A .036 jet? So like 50 hp? And you didn't like what you saw with that?? There's no way that 50hp was going lean. People are running 100-125 hp shots with no issues. How could 50 possibly be lean?

I also am not a fan of fuel inside a plastic intake. I think for small power gains on street cars dry kits are where it's at for sure. You seem to have some nitrous knowledge, so could you please explain what you saw on the dyno. Because what I've seen and what people are running on there cars tells me there's no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread