Nitrous guys I need some help

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
03 Roush stage 2 with a zex 75 shot is what I am running now. I just installed colder plugs do I need to do anything else besides that to run a 100 shot? Also does anyone know if the zex kit cuts off the nitrous in the case of sudden fuel loss (such as hitting the rev limter or traction control?) The reason I ask is my dumbass hit the rev limiter while on the juice it didnt backfire or isnt acting weird but it scared the shit outta me. Thanks for any input.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
What are the plugs gapped at?

Do you have a window switch?

talk to a performance shop, find out what gap the plugs should be at...then install the 100 pill and get it checked on a dyno for air/fuel....

A window switch will prevent you from spraying at too low of an rpm(=boom), or hitting the rev limiter while your still spraying...my window switch activates the solenoid @ 3200 and turns it off @ 6400 my rev limiter is set @ 6800...

bigj

Established Member
ngk tr-6's i are what i and many people run their nitrous with. i got mine on my gt gapped at .32, i was told at dynospeed, a shop here where i live, to run between .30-.34 gap. ive read alot on the running a 100 shot question. i will run a 100 shot with no tune if i decide i need it but to be 100% safe get a tune for a 100 shot and a window switch def wont hurt you.....

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
I was told that the stock gap should be fine but seems a little large (.54) So thats what I have them gapped at now.

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Is the S2 supercharged? If not, then you'll definately need a fuel-pump. The 2-valve GT's (N/A Roush's, Saleen's, etc.) come with a fuel pump that is already at max duty-cycle with just all the regular bolt-ons. Adding nitrous to that, wet or dry, makes that pump run extremely hard and more inefficiently. What I'm trying to say is that after a little while on the bottle, your pump WILL eventually crap out, giving you a lean condition and a couple holed pistons, thus costing you thousands of dollars. Just buy a 255lph Walbro and be done with it. You'll have some peace-of-mind. Two local guys that I know have blown up their 99+ GT's in the last month on the bottle with mild shots. Both of them due to fuel-pumps being weak GT units. Both of the guys knew what they were doing, too, and one of the guys even had a fuel-pressure-safety-switch, which didn't save him. Just be aware, get a 255 before you spray it more than a bottle or two.

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
with nitrous you should run factory plugs, and yes a zex kit is a smart management system and it will cut off the nitrous is there is a sudden loss of fuel.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
96Creeper said:
with nitrous you should run factory plugs, and yes a zex kit is a smart management system and it will cut off the nitrous is there is a sudden loss of fuel.

Good idea, and when your car is misfiring and detonating with your stock plugs, don't say I didn't tell ya so. :poke:

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
thats what most power adder companys tell you to run. especially zex because the wet systems are virtually non- tunable since they have the smart system technology. read a vortech manuel or a zex manuel and see what they recommend. before you talk shit

Users who are viewing this thread