nitrous guys step inside fast please

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Going for a tune thursday and my tuner thinks the jets i have in the nozzle are too much for the car....

im seeing 16-17 lbs of boost on a posi race ported eaton, 2.76 upper and 4lb lower. has sct 2400, 60lb injectors, ngk 3346 br7ef plugs, mac long tubes and bassani exhaust and all other supporting mods i have a 125 shot (52n 33f jet) in my nos soft plume nozzle and big shot noids......

this is what my tuner said in an email

"Also that is a pretty big hit of nitrous, I have only gone that big on
cobras making stock boost, We can still use that if you want, but i
have to just say i dont recomend going that big. But either way works
for me!!"

He is a VERY reputable tuner in the area

My question to you Nitrous guys is what have you been spraying to your cars?

I will be going in for tuning on Thursday

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
First off get rid of those BR7EF's and put some TR6's in there. Your losing power with those 7s...Ive run TR6s on the eaton @ 16psi and on a 125 shot and now on my built motor with TVS @ 20psi.

If you want to swap them on the dyno....no other changes I bet you see 10-20hp MORE with a TR6

with that said, what pumps do you have? a 125 will or just about max out stock pumps and a BAP. If your not drag racing all the time you wont miss the extra 25 over a 100 shot. You will be very happy on a 100 shot (.048 jet) and its a little safer / easier

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
First off get rid of those BR7EF's and put some TR6's in there. Your losing power with those 7s...Ive run TR6s on the eaton @ 16psi and on a 125 shot and now on my built motor with TVS @ 20psi.

If you want to swap them on the dyno....no other changes I bet you see 10-20hp MORE with a TR6

with that said, what pumps do you have? a 125 will or just about max out stock pumps and a BAP. If your not drag racing all the time you wont miss the extra 25 over a 100 shot. You will be very happy on a 100 shot (.048 jet) and its a little safer / easier

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am running a fore billet hat with twin gt pumps and stage 2 fdpm and 60 lb injectors..... I called ngk and they recommended a 8 series non resistor race plug, and mike recomends the 7. I originally had the tr6 plugs in it before talking to ngk.....
The car will be more on the track than on the street. occasional saturday night out on the street, but thats it.

with my fuel system, what do you think? as far as the shot goes? Ill ever go higher if the blower and engine will take it..... i was actually off on the jets in it. it has a 53n and 34 fuel in it right now

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am running a fore billet hat with twin gt pumps and stage 2 fdpm and 60 lb injectors..... I called ngk and they recommended a 8 series non resistor race plug, and mike recomends the 7. I originally had the tr6 plugs in it before talking to ngk.....
The car will be more on the track than on the street. occasional saturday night out on the street, but thats it.

with my fuel system, what do you think? as far as the shot goes? Ill ever go higher if the blower and engine will take it..... i was actually off on the jets in it. it has a 53n and 34 fuel in it right now

It will take it but your playing with its life. Many motors have failed to nitrous. I usually tell people to stay at 100. I ran a 100 for 5 years or so. If I had to guess I'd say I used the bottle 100 times and I had over 600 passes on my stock motor. I know some have gone 150 and even reportedly 200 but dont know any that ran it like that ALL the time or even ran good at the track like that. Your introducing pressures on top of pressures and nitrous introduced BEFORE the intercooler does NOTHING as far as cooling the air temps so your still at high IAT2 levels. Run good high octane gas and keep it safe on the tune. Take out 2 degree's per 50 and keep her at 11.5 and she will be ok.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I am having him put 3 tunes on the switch chip. I am doing a street tune and all out motor tune and an all out nitrous tune....... I only run sunoco 94 in the car, will that be enough octane?

what afr you think i should be at on the all motor tune?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I am having him put 3 tunes on the switch chip. I am doing a street tune and all out motor tune and an all out nitrous tune....... I only run sunoco 94 in the car, will that be enough octane?

what afr you think i should be at on the all motor tune?

I would NOT run nitrous on 94....no way no how. Your asking for trouble. Better to run more octane than needed than too little and have it cost you.

You need race gas in the form of some VP 109 or that new Shell URT 116 stuff. Sorry but pump gas isnt going to cut it.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
i got you.... guess its different on a blown engine than it is a n/a engine. we ran 300 shot plate kits on our cars that were putting 450 to 500 at the wheels and it was all pump gas.... this is only the second blower car i have ever had and the first one didnt have a kit on it. so I am learning all over again kinda

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i got you.... guess its different on a blown engine than it is a n/a engine. we ran 300 shot plate kits on our cars that were putting 450 to 500 at the wheels and it was all pump gas.... this is only the second blower car i have ever had and the first one didnt have a kit on it. so I am learning all over again kinda

n/a is a little more forgiving

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
your tuning window is going to be much smaller with the stacked power adders and the "large" shot.

i personaly wouldnt have an issue running it on my car (if i had an 03) but its one of those things i wouldnt suggest.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
Also, everyone is calling this a large shot. I thought nos measures there jets by the crank so my 130 shot would essentially be 85-90 shot in my eyes which i didnt think would be an issue to be truthfull.... most guys i see running nitrous in here are using nx kits that measure at the wheels and i see them doing 100-125 shots. so when i converted mine to what it made at the wheels, i thought i was on the smaller side as far as nitrous shots go?

again, I am new to the whole nitrous on a blown motor. so take it easy on me if what im saying is stupid....lol

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Also, everyone is calling this a large shot. I thought nos measures there jets by the crank so my 130 shot would essentially be 85-90 shot in my eyes which i didnt think would be an issue to be truthfull.... most guys i see running nitrous in here are using nx kits that measure at the wheels and i see them doing 100-125 shots. so when i converted mine to what it made at the wheels, i thought i was on the smaller side as far as nitrous shots go?

again, I am new to the whole nitrous on a blown motor. so take it easy on me if what im saying is stupid....lol

however each company does it the size on the jet tell the truth. a .048 is a .048 no matter what.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I see what you are saying

they might say use a .053 for a "100 shot" but thats 100rwhp...or an .048 for a "100 shot" which is 100bhp (80rwhp) but the hole size on each jet is the same so just use the right jet

Users who are viewing this thread