Nitrous Install Pics

03Steve

Established Member
Self tapping screws? How about the fuel tank? I'm a bit nervous about it. Wonder how the other guys are bolting em down?

grnenvy

Established Member
I guess I will chime in. Went to JD's wednesday to see Joe and to dyno my car with the custom nos nitrous system that I installed. My car makes 490hp/508 torque with out the juice on pump gas. With 35 shot the car made 530hp/550tq. With a 50 shot it made 550hp/610tq and with a 75 shot it made 565hp and 705tq let me tell you this the car is forking fast for a street car.The torque is unbelievable. Joe said lets try more but I got scared and said I'm finished that's enough. . I use a dry system and I mounted the nitrous nozzle in the front of the air filter in front of the meter. (The system is stealth) It's all in the fender and I use a very little micro switch on the linkage that is very hard to notice. I also run torco fuel accelerator to boost my octane up to 107 with the nitrous. On the dyno the car was very safe. Almost to rich (Torco)I'am also using the same program no switch chip . The added octane lets me do that. The car was so rich that it was hurting my pwr numbers with the smaller shots so I just kept adding a little more nitrous until it was not so rich. I like the dry system's do to there symplicity. Hopefully the weather will hold out in
philly this sunday so I can have some fun. seeyaa

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
03Steve,

I have heard of some guys welding the head of the bolt to the trunk so that holes do not have to be drilled in the car. This also prevents accidental drillage into the fuel tank. I personally made a mounting bracket with a piece of wood and I placed it into a gym bag. I guess it is similar to the compucar kit but the rest of the kit is from Zex. I have yet to hit it but I hope my numbers are comparable to others!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
03Steve-

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to mount the bottle. I'm going to have the kit wired at Livernois Motorsports. I may have them mount the bottle for me too. I'd rather not drill any holes if I don't have to. I'll have this done soon and I'll post pics.

grnenvy

Established Member
The bottle is in the trunk and i use a bungee cord to hold the bottle in place. I drilled a small hole in the shock tower and also hooked up a L bracket to the back of the car where the tail lights come through. No need to drill a hole in the bottom of the trunk near the gas tank.

03Steve

Established Member
I did all the wiring on mine. I used a pony express performance tach adapter and a Mallory digital window switch. I would highly recommend the Mallory, it is fully adjustable, no pills required.

The wires and stuff is fun to me, but when it comes to foo foo shit like mounting the bottle and noids I get all confused! :D

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'm the exact opposite Steve. I can do all the plumbing no problem. Wiring scares me. I had this same kit on my LS1 and I installed everything. It worked like a charm...but it was an A4. Now I'm going to run a WOT switch, an rpm actived window switch, a FPSS, etc. It's getting a little too detailed for me to be comfortable with.

grnenvy- i'll try the bungee approach. Thanks for the idea.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Poisonus Mods- Do you have a WOT switch on your setup? If so, I need to see a pic of it.

03Steve

Established Member
Hey unit, I have the TPS switch on mine instead of the WOT switch. It's pretty cool, fully adjustable ON point. Do you have the hitman kit??

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Honestly I have no idea what kit it is. I got it from a buddy of mine. Actually, he gave me the solenoids and I pieced the rest together. Do you have a pic of your TPS switch? That's a new ballgame for me and I need all the help I can get.

03Steve

Established Member
I sure don't :( It is all wired up in my kickpanel by the PCM. I have a Raptor shift light to install, I will snap a few then.

On the bottle mounting, I am going to use 1/4" self tapping screws. I am going to measure first, but these should secure the bottle and clear the gas tank. :beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'm going to have my buddy's shop set me up with a raptor shift light as well. Great minds think alike!

avdawg

Established Member
Originally posted by NukeX
Flippin wish that was mine! I saved the picture cuz it was so beautifullllll, I believe it is a member on here who is working on a 3 or 4 stage setup????? Holy hell thats alot of nitrous :)

That is our set up. That pic is pretty old, the final install is ALOT cleaner. We have 2 of the 3 stages working really well. Intial testing was a 50 shot on the 1st stage and a 150 shot on the second stage 2 seconds later...only 1 word...WOW

So, since all that worked well we decided to try a 125 shot in the 1st with the 150 shot set up the same for the second stage...the way to describe it would get me banned from the site...but it pulled real hard!!!

We should have the 3rd stage progressive completed here in the next day or so...that will have a big shot in it...but im not telling how much:D

WARNING>>>
DO NOT attempt these set ups with the stock fuel system, we run a stand alone fuel system just for the nitrous system capable of supporting 700hp

03Steve

Established Member
Avdawg how did you mount your bottle? :D I am going to drive everyone crazy with this question... :kaboom:

avdawg

Established Member
Originally posted by redaddiction
avdawg can we have some more info on your extra fuel system

There are some more pics on my web site..click on the link in my sig. They are old also, I will try to get some updated next week.

jb

PS

Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread. You system looks great!!
I think your gonna be addicted to the "button"

Users who are viewing this thread