Nitrous Kit : Which is best???

trakit

Established Member
Alright guys, lets here the opinions! JMS Dry? NX Wet? What works best? Experiences??

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Any wet system will work out just fine on the 5.0s and give you great results.

We like using the NX Plate system the most. Affordable, effective, user-friendly and a well built system.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Alright guys, lets here the opinions! JMS Dry? NX Wet? What works best? Experiences??

Depends on who is going to tune your car. Some tuners like dry on these motors because of the factory wideband. Ask your tuner which they prefer. I had a NX plate kit on mine with Nano on a 100 shot and it was a beast with 4.10's.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
How big are you wanting to go?

Have had a Simple Zex Wet kit with a RPM window switch, using stock fuel system and it made an honest 125rwhp gain.

Also Custom built a Direct Port Setup, using a progressive controller and the stock fuel system and it made an honest 190rwhp gain.

Also installed a few NX plate systems. Super easy, no drilling and there good for a simple 100-150 increase in power.

I don't have experience with the JMS dry kit, but a properly jetted wet kit is VERY easy to tune.

WET > DRY

Chris

Last edited:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Sof Top, Steve@BBR, & mastwof,

Do you guys have any pics of your installs that you could post on here? I am also considering adding nitrous to my 2013.

Thanks

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Sof Top, Steve@BBR, & mastwof,

Do you guys have any pics of your installs that you could post on here? I am also considering adding nitrous to my 2013.

Thanks

Here is the Direct Port we did. First one on a coyote...

20120503_102905.jpg

20120411_103820.jpg

Dont have any good photos of the others.

CharlieR

Established Member
Anyone running the Dry JMS kit??
Yep, sorry I didn't see this. It's been on my car for 2 years now. No issues at all. Comes complete and works. My other mods are 265/40/18 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials and a 3c Circle D converter. I run a .052 jet(100 shot) and have been a best of 6.81@100 in the 1/8. At Gulfport Dragway(crappy prep) I went 10.99@127 w/ a 7.1 1/8 playing with the progressive settings. I don't want/need to be any quicker so it works for me. (The same tune works with the .063 jet also) Need to be faster get a blower, every else is. Used to be 4 nitrous 5.0's at our "local" street races now, it's just me. :beer:

try03venom

Established Member
I have the JMS kit also but I havent installed it yet. I had a procharger and eforce on previous 2011 GT's. For me its about bang for the buck, easy install/removal, and not falling off the slippery slope with too many mods and f 'in up the car. When at the track run the nitrous and shoot for mid 10's around a $1000 or have blower power all the time for $6-7,000 it comes down to the individual.

5bites

Established Member
I should have a nx plate system on my porch today from bbr. So far they've been a great help. I plan on reporting back when the track isn't a snowy mud pit.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
How hard is nitrous on our motors? If I only want to use it for the occasional romp down the freeway and rolls? Not looking to kill my seals or clutch. The sound of 100-150 HP on demand sounds fun. Just been very weary of the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread