Nitrous on 03-04 Cobra

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
Anyone had luck with this on a non C4 car? If so what mods did you do? Dedicated fuel cell or what? I have seen a few but i can't get any feedback. Help me out. Thanks

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
but what did he do? When you shift in these car it make the computer go haywire with nitrous. A friend of mine says it needs its own fuel system. I want to know what people have done.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I have a dry shot and so did he. He had his arming switch and no window switch and a manual WOT switch. He would just granny shift and it would stop spraying when he took his foot out of it to shift. I on the other hand have an electronic contolled WOT switch with a window switch. I launch, arm and when it hits 3,000 it sprays and keeps spraying untill it hits where I set my window to close or I take my foot out of it. When I shift if it exceeds the window it stops spraying or when I lift to shift it stops till I hit it again. its post maf so you must have a seperate tune for it and the computer takes it fine. The bad thing about NOT having a widnow switch like my friend is that if he misses a gear it will spray right through his rev limiter and....POP goes the moooootoooorr.

hb712

Established Member
I ran 150 wet off the rails. With a 9.x A/F I put down 600hp 700 ft lbs. If I would've gotten a nice tune, it would've been substantially more power. I never had a problem while shifting with just a WOT switch. Just don't powershift and you should be ok.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I ran 150 wet off the rails. With a 9.x A/F I put down 600hp 700 ft lbs. If I would've gotten a nice tune, it would've been substantially more power. I never had a problem while shifting with just a WOT switch. Just don't powershift and you should be ok.

Don't chance it....get a window switch. It's cheaper than a new motor.

jlauth

Established Member
I think that most guys at your power level would definitely use a progressive nitrous controller. There is of course no reason for a window switch when you have a progressive system. If I were you I would look into one of these. I'm sorry I don't know more about the progressive controllers, but I have never had a use for one because of my power level. I would also say that you should go return style with twin GT pumps, never heard of the independent fuel cell setup. There was a guy on a local board with a 04 Cobra-2.4 KB and was gonna go return style with the GT pumps and a progressive controller, but sold the car before he sprayed it.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I run a 90 shot wet shot off the fuel rail. Only fuel mods are a MAFia and BAP, I have a SCT switch chip with a seperate tune for when I spray that has timing pulled out. No problems thus far, I always run a few gallons of 100 octane when I spray just in case but the car was dynoed on pump and was just fine.

jlauth

Established Member
I am assuming that this guy already has his fuel about tapped out on blower alone, because of the MT and the skinnies he is running in his sig pic, but if you are just on a ported blower you should only need a BAP if you go wet. If you go with a dry shot you will need some 60# injectors, and the BAP. 96stanggt has a good setup that will work, but I was assuming that this guy had a KB or Whipple.

chip6990

Established Member
he has a Whipple, 60# inj., twin Cobra pumps, and a SCT 2400 MAF. so he is bout out of pump. he wants to add a small shot but use a seperate fuel system for it. something like a small fuel cell (similar to a Vortech tank for the Aftercooler) use a inline fuel pump to pull the fuel from instead of the rail. he makes 623hp/575tq now. wants to put a 50-75shot on it. hope this helps

04cobracop

Established Member
I have the Dynotune Dry kit. You can read my sig for the following mods. I first sprayed a 50shot post-maf and laid down 576rwhp (SAE) and 643 rwhp(SAE). I have now went up on the nitrous????

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i have a nx wet off the rail and no problems... i do have the digi wot and window switch and everything works great.... im pushing 775hp and 870tq on a 75 hit.... u cant do a progressive with a six speed it only works with a auto every time you shift you would reset it unless u never let go of the gas which could be bad

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
i have a nx wet off the rail and no problems... i do have the digi wot and window switch and everything works great.... im pushing 775hp and 870tq on a 75 hit.... u cant do a progressive with a six speed it only works with a auto every time you shift you would reset it unless u never let go of the gas which could be bad

Where do you run at? I was just wondering because you 10.7 with 775/870. I run at Bristol and i think it is 1450 above sea level. I love when people get on her and brag about times and put your times down but they run at sea level or very close.

Last edited:

chip6990

Established Member

what do you make off the sauce? those #'s are VERY impressive. how much boost?

at FFW in Bristol this year, between the heat and humidity. the DA was over 4000ft.

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
im running a 03-04 cobra NOS plate kit w/ a ZEX fogger in the back of the blower instead of the plate. I use a RPM window switch.

P1000729.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread