Nitrous On 03 Stang :) HELP!

smithers5505

Established Member
Alright, I have A question.....
03 Gt

Im thinkin About gettin nitrous hooked up.... and I was wonderin what shot I should, and what Kit you would recommend in EVERYONES opinion...

K &N cold air,FMTB,TRICK FLOW Plenum,Plenum Spacer,BBKTiming Adjuster, Fluidyne Radiator, 160 thermostat, Pulleys,DiabloChip,B&M Shifter,VT Cams,Full Length Headers, X pipe W/Out Cats, Bassani Catback, 4.10 Gear, Denso Iridium Spark plugs....

With A good Tune Do you think Nitrous is worth it? I know it will wake my car up... its what it needs.... And will it work ok with these cams? And Last, If anyone from Houston Area Reads This, Where should I take the same thing To get Hooked up :rockon:

Just Post Some Opinions thats all Im asking :D

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Get a 100 Wet shot... with a purge, window switch, bottle warmer (maybe not needed since your in TX) want at least 900 PSI but I think not more then 1100.... Do a NX Wet kit... reasonable price and great gains...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
First what are your cams specs? I don't know if your cam is too big or the right cam for N2O. More importantly, what did Scott @ VT say?

My opinion is N2O is great! I would go with the Noszzle kit. I know it is expensive, you get the window switch, fuel pressure safety switch and the throttle switch in that kit. Yes it is expensive, but you eliminate the backfire problems that shatter the stock plastic lower. Yes a 100 shot will be plenty. You will be rowing the gears alot quicker though. ;-)

smithers5505

Established Member
All I know, Is the Cams are Vt Stage 1 Cams.... i bought them from a friend that was goin to put them on his car... dont know to much about them, but i believe its vt's smallest cam perhaps? write back tho... i really wanna spray this car

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by creatinhavoc
All I know, Is the Cams are Vt Stage 1 Cams.... i bought them from a friend that was goin to put them on his car... dont know to much about them, but i believe its vt's smallest cam perhaps? write back tho... i really wanna spray this car

The stage 1's aren't too big. You did get valve springs with the cams though right? You need valve springs if you didn't get them.

I think all of VT's cams are like .575 lift. I'm not 100% on the centerline, I know it is tighter than stock 114 though.
Stage 1 N/A @ .050 lift 224/226 duration: $595

Last edited:

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
goto Strictly Performance...The only place I would take my car in Houston. My bus. Partner is down there and had his GT done big time.

redrooster

Established Member
As long as you don't bring the nitrous in too early it will not back fire. I have had several nitrous cars and nothing hits like nitrous....well maybe a turbo car. Its the most impressive power adder to me. I had a 125 shot on my car and it was like getting rear ended. Make sure you purge the system before running and don't let the engine bog and your good to go. Oh yeah and the higher the pressure the better it runs. 1100 psi is serious business :D

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Originally posted by suprjagr
goto Strictly Performance...The only place I would take my car in Houston. My bus. Partner is down there and had his GT done big time.

Bump that....those guys know Stangs like the back of their hands....I get mine tuned/work done there.....Havent been in awhile but GREAT ppl.........JT

Blk03GT

Established Member
I'd go with a wet kit.

I ran a dry kit and had good results, I ran 35 bottles through my stock motor without a problem. But then, one day a clogged filter desided to put a couple chips in 2 of my pistons.:( She leaned out.

Get a nice tune, and keep up on those fuel filter changes.:)

Users who are viewing this thread