nitrous outlet dedicated fuel system?

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
yes, this fuel will only be used in conjunction with your nitrous when you spray. Really cant spray anymore than you could with a system that pulls fuel from the rail(on most applications), but this eliminates the worry of having a lean condition on one bank bc your factory fuel system cant keep up with the needs of both the injectors and nitrous system.

Blackmax

Established Member
I'm installing a dedicated fuel cell in my GT500 right now, I went with a different tank with built in fuel pump. I did't want to take the chance coming off the rail. NHRA would not allow me to mount it up front in place of the battery without it being protected etc. but I wasn't to keen on it being above a red hot header anyway. I am just finishing up the firewall needed as well for trunk mount. There's a lot of work involved and I probobly wouldn't do it again.

Chuckie B

Established Member
yes, this fuel will only be used in conjunction with your nitrous when you spray. Really cant spray anymore than you could with a system that pulls fuel from the rail(on most applications), but this eliminates the worry of having a lean condition on one bank bc your factory fuel system cant keep up with the needs of both the injectors and nitrous system.

So this would be safer?..thanks for the info

Ne1 know a good nitrous kit that work well with this?

Chuckie B

Established Member
I'm installing a dedicated fuel cell in my GT500 right now, I went with a different tank with built in fuel pump. I did't want to take the chance coming off the rail. NHRA would not allow me to mount it up front in place of the battery without it being protected etc. but I wasn't to keen on it being above a red hot header anyway. I am just finishing up the firewall needed as well for trunk mount. There's a lot of work involved and I probobly wouldn't do it again.

Ahh ic....yean that made me a little nervous with it under the hood....what's the a lot of work? Can u explain bc I would rather mount it in the trunk.

Blackmax

Established Member
Ahh ic....yean that made me a little nervous with it under the hood....what's the a lot of work? Can u explain bc I would rather mount it in the trunk.

If you have a picky tech at a Nhra track you will have to meet the rulebook,
The fuel cell will need to be mounted to a frame member through the trunk, the backseat and rear interior needs to come out so you can construct a proper firewall and every hole in the package tray covered with the proper metal. The cell must be vented and grounded, braided lines run to front and a fuel regulator up front. Fuel pump inline, wiring with relays, fuses etc.

I am installing it and only using a 50 shot but that translates to 100 lbs extra torque because I'm supercharged.

Chuckie B

Established Member
If you have a picky tech at a Nhra track you will have to meet the rulebook,
The fuel celr will need to be mounted to a frame member through the trunk, the backseat and rear interior needs to come out so you can construct a proper firewall and every hole in the package tray covered with the proper metal. The cell must be vented and grounded, braided lines run to front and a fuel regulator up front. Fuel pump inline, wiring with relays, fuses etc.

I am installing it and only using a 50 shot but that translates to 100 lbs extra torque because I'm supercharged.

Yea there not that picky around here..I mean they made me pop the hood but that's about it...I prob will only be spraying a50- 75 shot as well. (If I decide to go this route)

Users who are viewing this thread