Nitrous question

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Baby about to be due this week and Mama and I are going truck shopping in a few weeks. Needless to say, money isnt going to be in abundant supply. My dreams of a Big Boy blower from Whipple are on all the way back burner status. So, it seems the only logical solution for cheap power is Nitrous.

Anyone run it on their Shelby?

Are the wet plate systems mounted after the throttle body good or are direct mount-to-the-elbow solenoids better?

Is a dry shot with a Nitrous WOT tune better?

Im partial to Nitrous Express as their parts and reviews seem top notch. Any other brands to look into? Ill be buying parts over time cause I fidda be broke!

@nxhappy what say you sir?

nxhappy

Established Member
Baby about to be due this week and Mama and I are going truck shopping in a few weeks. Needless to say, money isnt going to be in abundant supply. My dreams of a Big Boy blower from Whipple are on all the way back burner status. So, it seems the only logical solution for cheap power is Nitrous.

Anyone run it on their Shelby?

Are the wet plate systems mounted after the throttle body good or are direct mount-to-the-elbow solenoids better?

Is a dry shot with a Nitrous WOT tune better?

Im partial to Nitrous Express as their parts and reviews seem top notch. Any other brands to look into? Ill be buying parts over time cause I fidda be broke!

@nxhappy what say you sir?
DO IT BRO. 75-100 wet shot all day long. NX makes really good kits. doesn't have to be a plate per se. right on the intake is ok, just before the TB. then just get a window switch and WOT switch. colder spark plugs 1 step. you don't really need a new tune you can pull the timing back 1 or 2 degrees. if you shop it out should only cost about $1000-1200 for everything. get a 10 pound bottle for sure, maybe a 15.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I often wondered about a 25-30 shot which I'd suspect after checking with Lund would not require timing out but would defeat heat soak + likely provide more than advertised pump. Evena 50 shot which typically requires 2 degrees out should be safe. Back in the MSD box days I ran full timing with 100shot...but....I wired my Window Switch to knock off the hit 200rpm before redline + digitally retarded timing only when the button was activated. The MSD digitial retard always hit before the nitrous hit the intake. I wonder if the same could be done in your tune?

Users who are viewing this thread