Nitrous questions

Corvewhat

Established Member
So i was thinking about an NX kit for my 69, and i have several questions....

1)Whats the difference between wet and dry?

2)Who(in your opinion) is the best manufacturer?

3)What sorta shot am i looking at? (I run 613whp, 625tq)

4)How much do purge kits cost?

Thanks in advance for any help:beer:

RyClef331

Established Member
Wet kits spray nitrous and fuel together. Dry kits spray just nitrous and rely on the factory fuel system to compensate for the added amounts of oxygen coming in. If you're running a carb, a wet plate set up is the way to go...unless you're looking to go REAL big then go for a full fogger set up (also read MONEY).

The best manufacturer...pick one. I run a compucar wet kit (fuel injection). I got a good deal on it and they have a no questions asked life time warranty on their solenoids. NOS and Nitrous Express are probably the two biggest names. You reall can't go wrong with either as long as you follow the instructions to a "T."

You size shot depends on a few different things. What kind of compression are you running? What kind of fuel are you running (pump or race gas)? How much can your ignition handle? You can pretty much run as much of a shot as you (SAFELY) want to. Just make sure to keep detonation in check (retard the timing, add more fuel, don't engage unless you're at full throttle, make sure you're at your specified RPM, etc.). Best thing to remember is start small then go from there (100shot).

Purge kits go for around a hundred bucks roughly. They look cool and are worthwhile additons to any nitrous kit. Also look at a bottle heater for more consistant power gains.

All this may seem overwhelming with all the options out there. All you have to do is get the kit you want, install it correctly, and go. Always remember: LEAN MEANS POWER. TOO LEAN MEANS BREAKAGE. RICH MEANS SAFE. There is a fine line between peak power and "Oh shit." Tread lightly...

Users who are viewing this thread