Nitrous tune E85 or Race Gas?

150xlt

Established Member
Getting tuned next thursday for the spray and was trying to find a dealer local for the shell urt. In the mix of trying to find it E85 was brought up and got me thinking. E85 is way easier to get and obviously way cheaper so what would be the downside to running it over race gas. I would like to continue to run my 93 tune when not spraying but when i go to the track drain the 93 and fill with E85.

Basically what im asking is will switching over to E85 for just the track be an issue or should i just suck it up and buy some Shell URT?

The setup is a 150 shot with a nano kit

Benchracer

Established Member
You will need bigger injectors and possibly a bigger pump or at least a boost a pump. E85 requires 40% more fuel.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I have run E85 in my car for 3k miles with the stock injectors and a tune.. ran fine, and with pretty good gains. However this year I went ahead and picked up some 47lbs injectors as Lund and AED wont do any E85 tunes without the 47's. I have been told that running a wet nitrous kit with our fuel systems isnt such a good idea by a couple of reputable tuners because of the lean spike from the initial hit, and some other problem with the wide bands seeing the added fuel in the exhaust from the wet kit and trying to lean out the fuel, making the motor go boom (on 4 occasions).. Im not sure how much truth there is to this. I have since sold my wet kit, and will be going with a dry kit and a BAP.. the stock fuel system on E85 with a BAP is enough fuel for 700hp.. ( so I have been told, I dont personally know).

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
There is no way the stock fuel system will support any nitrous on e85. You are smoking crack if you believe the stock fuel system will support even close to 700hp on e85.

RSKtakR

Established Member
There is no way the stock fuel system will support any nitrous on e85. You are smoking crack if you believe the stock fuel system will support even close to 700hp on e85.

with a BAP and 47lb injectors..Thats just what I was told by someone who tunes these cars on E85 with those mods.. I dont know for sure.

pohnjarker

Established Member

with a BAP and 47lb injectors..Thats just what I was told by someone who tunes these cars on E85 with those mods.. I dont know for sure.

stock injectors with E85 and nitrous wont run close to 700hp but with the 47lb injectors it will be pushing the limits.

if i was looking to get anywhere close to 700rwhp, i'd just go with the ID1000s and a BAP on E85, good to go.

Benchracer

Established Member
I thought he meant stock injectors. I would be surprised to see the pump with a bap see anything over 600-650whp though.

Users who are viewing this thread