Nitrous: Wet or dry???

RiffRaff04

Established Member
I have spent a bit of today looking through the search pages on this site and others and didnt really find the answer I was looking for but been getting kinda bored with the snake lately and have been tossing around the idea of get some N20. There are several kits that seem to be working pretty well with the 03/04 cobra crowd. Im not sure if I would want a wet or dry kit though. Here is a pretty popular dry kit http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=119.
My only concern about using a wet kit is that there seems to be alot of differing opinions on spraying fuel through the blower (mostly the coating on the rotors). This seems to be a pretty good wet kit http://www.holley.com/02120NOS.asp. I like the fact that it is made specifically for the sc cobras. If I did get a dry kit I probably wouldnt go bigger than a 50 shot, a wet shot maybe 75-100. No matter which kit I end up with I will be getting all the safety stuff with it, ie. window switch, wot switch etc. Any suggestions, ideas, or opinions?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Dry works great on Cobra's. There are a lot of folks that run the Dynotune kit with great luck. It's very inexpensive also.
Run the nitrous post maf on a specific N20 tune and you will be fine. Be sure you have adequate fuel for the set up.
Best of luck!

ViciousJay

Established Member
i would never run a dry on these cars seeing how their so tempermental to a/f and thats what your counting on cuz if theres one little mistake in it BOOOOMMMMM, id rather use a wet it mych safer on these cars

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
ViciousJay said:
i would never run a dry on these cars seeing how their so tempermental to a/f and thats what your counting on cuz if theres one little mistake in it BOOOOMMMMM, id rather use a wet it mych safer on these cars

Good thing fuel noids never screw up:rollseyes

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
dry sytems temporarily lean motors out. it is for a very short time, but if that doesnt bother you, go for the dry... i would use a wet system personally.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I've always preferred wet systems and when I put it on this car it's going to be with it's on dedicated fuel system. I will be running race fuel in the nitrous fuel cell for a little extra insurance. Either way do your research on the kit you choose, follow their recommendations with a safe tune and you should be fine. From what I've seen these cars really love the juice. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread