Nitrous with Paxton? How much can u?

Fastnature

Established Member
Ok guys there was a post about nitrous with Paxton to help guys with stock bottom.

But since that post things have progressed to where I am building a motor and hope it is finished soon. Now I haven't worry about bottomend I feel that the Paxton will be my limiter on power. From the research and input from guys they feel as I will only get 800 to 900 out the Paxton to the ground. But to do that I will have to run small pulley and been told I will have belt issues on the small pulley. But that is not what I was thinking. Goal was 1000 hp. I have a nitrous kit on the self. So thinking that can get me there.

So question is with the Paxton on a say 3.15 pulley how much nitrous can one run with this thing?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Ok guys there was a post about nitrous with Paxton to help guys with stock bottom.

But since that post things have progressed to where I am building a motor and hope it is finished soon. Now I haven't worry about bottomend I feel that the Paxton will be my limiter on power. From the research and input from guys they feel as I will only get 800 to 900 out the Paxton to the ground. But to do that I will have to run small pulley and been told I will have belt issues on the small pulley. But that is not what I was thinking. Goal was 1000 hp. I have a nitrous kit on the self. So thinking that can get me there.

So question is with the Paxton on a say 3.15 pulley how much nitrous can one run with this thing?

on an 8 rib setup and good fuel or meth you will be able to hit 850-900rwhp with the paxton which will be knocking at the block limits. unless you have a sleeved block i wouldnt push more power than that if you want to keep the setup somewhat reliable. if you have a sleeved block with good fuel or meth then you could spray a 100 shot and should put you at around 1000rwhp.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
What's your goal for the car in that you need 1,000 hp the the wheels? There are only a handful of guys pushing that power....its an insane level! Have you had or driven a car with that much power?

Is it gonna be a 1/4 miles car, a roll race car, or a dyno queen? Also, kiss that M6 goodbye!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
What's your goal for the car in that you need 1,000 hp the the wheels? There are only a handful of guys pushing that power....its an insane level! Have you had or driven a car with that much power?

Is it gonna be a 1/4 miles car, a roll race car, or a dyno queen? Also, kiss that M6 goodbye!

i think it says that he has an a6 on his sig.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
2014 5.0 Ruby Red A6
Stock for Now

Traded--2012 Black GT Base M6
UPR- UCA/Billet LCA
NX plate kit 100hp

Fastnature

Established Member
Yea guys this car is an A6. Let me give u a run down
2014 A6
2c
Aluminum DS
Bmr Adj lca/uca rod ends
Bmr Springs and PB rod ends
Bmr lca relocate bracket
Double Adj Viking
Strange Adj strut (soon)
Paxton Ho kit with 8 rib
Kooks LT with kooks Hpipe
Id1000
Fore return 3 pump fuel system
Mmr 1500 pro mod short block
Mmr Stage 3 heads with large valves
Plus I have NX plate kit
May have forgot something

Terry has been instrumental in me doing this build. But when I started I had no idea I would go this far.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
what fuel are you going to use? if you have e85 you should be able to make 900rwhp on the paxton alone with an 8 rib setup ofcourse.

Fastnature

Established Member
I will be tuned on E85. But from what I have seen to make big power I need the small pulley. Once on small pulley they say I will have belt issues. So my thinking was I can run larger pulley so I don't eat belts and make up with spray

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I will be tuned on E85. But from what I have seen to make big power I need the small pulley. Once on small pulley they say I will have belt issues. So my thinking was I can run larger pulley so I don't eat belts and make up with spray

with the 3.15 you should not have belt issues. hell you could run a 2.9 if you are only putting 4k miles a year on the car. you have slip issues on the 6 rib but the 8 rib can make alot of boost before it starts to slip. i would push the blower to the limits first especially on e85.

Fastnature

Established Member
I just really want to see what the Paxton can do. It will be a long winter as I am limited on time for the build. But hope to have it complete and tuned by march. Just not a lot of information on pushing the Paxton to its limit. Only seen a few that have.

Voltwings

Established Member
Two things to keep in mind about efficiency.
Running the paxton as hard as you can will create a lot of heat, which will limit back to back runs, as well as top end power.
Also, since FI applications do run hot, nitrous tends to have a compound effect because of the cooling benefits as well, sometimes as much as double the shot is gained.

That being said, run the paxton to a comfortable 800 psi or so, your 100 shot with the compound effect should have you knocking out mid 900's fairly easily and without stressing your system.

Fastnature

Established Member
I hope to see 9's as I have a buddy that thinks I won't see anything low 10. So if I can get close to the low to mid 9 I will be good for the day

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I hope to see 9's as I have a buddy that thinks I won't see anything low 10. So if I can get close to the low to mid 9 I will be good for the day

you can do 9s with a paxton on an automatic thats for damn sure and you wont have to spin it to the moon either. a 3.33 pulley should get you the power to run in the 9s.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
With a 3.48 pulley on E85 you should be easily be in the high 9s, I'm on the 3.6 pulley and with this last adjustment I should crack 9s.....that's with my car weighing 4015lb with me in it and 3755lbs without. It will be interesting to see what nitrous and E85 at higher boost does for you with the Paxton.

Fastnature

Established Member
As long as Lund will tune it I will spray it. Lol. I am not a big shop nor have on close. I am a guy just wanting to push the Paxton and she what it will do. No smoke, no mirrors and no special tricks. Just good old fashioned power and hope for the best. I have three tracks all about the same distance that I will run on. I would like to think I am giving the Paxton the best ground work to put up some good times.

I will need to figure out the pulley soon to run. I just don't want to be swapping belts every 3 to 4 runs or run so small I am fighting belt slip

Users who are viewing this thread