nitrous!!

White96

Established Member
Its sweet as hell, till something goes wrong. Cheap HP

I ran NX 100 shot on mine for about 8 monthes gives you lots of tq and hq and makes the motor sound real crisp(or thats how i describe it). Then my TB gasket cracked and made me run lean and i blew the air filter off twice and had a nx explosion. Luckily i didn't damage anything to bad.

My buddy was running something similar on his 97 with PI heads and cams. He Blew apart the intake manifold by missing a shift the first time. Second time he hit the switch and boom, think the Nitrous puddled.

Now he is running a vortec JT trim and nitrous doesn't have shit on that. Plus the power is always there, no empty bottle. :thumbsup:

If your gona run it get a window switch and a bottle warmer

Last edited:

BetterthanU

Banned
Win7ermute said:

yea, cuz I mean there's NO ONE out there doing it consistantly and safely, huh? :poke:

People who run 150+ shots on stock bottom end 4.6's without any tuning, fuel or ignition upgrades deserve what they get. You just need to make sure there's enough spark and fuel, as well as some of the normal safety items (window switch, etc...)....along with making sure your engine parts can handle your given level of power, and you'll be golden.

I dunno svtplaya....what do you think about naaaaaawwwws, homie?

:pop:

Last edited:

pimpleyva

BetterthanU said:
yea, cuz I mean there's NO ONE out there doing it consistantly and safely, huh? :poke:

People who run 150+ shots on stock bottom end 4.6's without any tuning, fuel or ignition upgrades deserve what they get. You just need to make sure there's enough spark and fuel, as well as some of the normal safety items (window switch, etc...)....along with making sure your engine parts can handle your given level of power, and you'll be golden.

i was just asking because my brother in law got a 125 shot wet on his 200 gt i know its not stock but i forgot what he has i think before nitrous he was runnin low 13 and high 12-**

Wintermute

Banned
BetterthanU said:

Ease up. I didn't say don't do it, or that it was dumb or dangerous or you would blow up for sure. I just said "risky".

Are you gonna tell me it isn't ?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Well I think it is great, I better I just bought an NX kit for my 95 5.0, working my way up froma 50 to 150shot when I get it installed.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
As long as you don't get greedy and get the window switch and FPSS you should be fine. I think anything from a 100hp and up you need to upgrade your fuel system. Of course opinions vary like a mothertrucker. I would not cut corners using Nitrous. Other than that that shit gets you high as a motherfocker. :rockon: J/K

Users who are viewing this thread