nitrous

Greg Anderson

Established Member
I am putting on a dry kit tomm. and wondering how much of a shot you can do without having to retune? I was hoping for atleast a 50 shot. I will obviously be putting it before the meter. Thanks for all the help. Also any other info on this would be great.

Greg

Jack

Established Member
with a 50 shot I'd definitely strap it to a dyno and make sure that the A/F is ok...

cheap insurance

remember that 50 shot will probably make closer to 70fwp due to the cooling effect of the nitrous on a S/C car.

Juiced-03

Established Member
which size jet are you using? Which kit? Cant wait to see your numbers! Be sure to post up. I would think a 50 would be safe, just be sure to have good gas in there!

Greg Anderson

Established Member
It will be on the dyno for sure just wanted to plan ahead. If needed it will be retuned tomm also since the shop I take it to (MCRacing) can tune it.

Thanks guys and I will post #s!

Greg

Greg Anderson

Established Member
Oh yeah, thats also one ? I have is what size jet I should get? Or which ones I should get? I thought I would start with a small say 30 shot and up it to 50-75 shot.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Sounds good! I made my own kit with NOS components as well. Very simple! I would start with a .028 jet and work up

Juiced-03

Established Member
I actually never got her dynoed,,,but I am actually switching to a different kit. I am thinking about either the Edlebrock or a wet kit. I want to run a larger shot and spraying through the MAF is probably only safe for up to a 50 shot

trey193

Established Member
I am very interested in this as well, I have a NOS 5115 Dry kit that i am thinking about using, Greg did you just use on solenoid?? And did you just tap into your Air Filter with the Nozzle. Looking forward to your results!!

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by Greg Anderson
I am putting on a dry kit tomm. and wondering how much of a shot you can do without having to retune? I was hoping for atleast a 50 shot. I will obviously be putting it before the meter. Thanks for all the help. Also any other info on this would be great.

Greg
Greg, you want want to check this out:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9459

:thumbsup:

Greg Anderson

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I am very interested in this as well, I have a NOS 5115 Dry kit that i am thinking about using, Greg did you just use on solenoid?? And did you just tap into your Air Filter with the Nozzle. Looking forward to your results!!

I just used one solenoid and put the nozzle in the end or the filter. Just got done today so we did not have time to dyno. I wiill post #s tomm. That 5115 kit would work just fine.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread