Nitto 315's on AFS 17x10.5 on an 03 Cobra?

umustdv8

Established Member
I just ordered a set of chrome AFS 17" x 9" and 17" x 10.5" rims and they told me Nitto 315's will not fit on my rim/car application. Is this true? Anyone make it work? I was under the impression it'll fit, but it's real close to the IRS bolt. They told me I can't go larger then 295 tire.

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
I've got them and they fit fine. You might have some rubbing on the bolt when everything is unloaded, but when you drop the car off the jack, it will be fine.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Lots of guys are running Nitto 315's on here on 10.5" rims with no problems. I have heard that the BFG 315's will rub, even loaded. They tend to be a good bit wider than Nitto.....At least I hope so, I just picked up a pair of Nitto 315's and my AFS 17x9/17x10.5's are on the way.....

Bingo13

Established Member
There are no issues with the Nitto 555R 315/35/17 on the AFS 17x10.5" wheels. I had no issues with the Goodyear/Yoko/BFG (KD) tires also except for the bolt rubbing on the lift, the Nittos clear just fine on my car.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I have 315's Eagle F-1's on an 11" rim and have never had any rub what so ever. It's all in the backspacing. I think mine are 6 5/8"

Tim

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Dude,

Not to sound like an ass but there has got to be 20 different threads in this forum alone that cover this exact subject. The search feature works wonders.

U.M.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Dude,

Not to sound like an ass but there has got to be 20 different threads in this forum alone that cover this exact subject. The search feature works wonders.

U.M.
Not to be an a$$ either but if u dont have any new threads how can i get my post count up :shrug:

:p

Sorry i meant to say that my Kuhmo's do not touch the IRS while its loaded. When the car is jacked up it will rub for sure.

But no sign's of chunks being gashed out or any thing like that.

:beer: :beer:

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Just out of curiosity is there anyone running the AFS 10.5's, Nitto 315 cobo with wheel spacers as well? Just wondering cause I'm considering getting a set of spacers when my 10.5's come in.

coleman

Established Member
i'm running my Nitto 315s on AFS 10.5" with the undy spacers.
but, i don't really need the spacers with the Nittos.
i'm just using the spacers to try them out -- they work great, just torque 'em down a few times initally...
and may actually need them for wider tires in just a few more thousand miles :burnout: :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread