Nitto 335/30/18s FIT!

jcthorne

Established Member
Just a short note to let you guys know that I finally got the driveshaft from LP installed and got my Nitto 335/30/18s in and mounted on the GT500 wheels that Weldcraft widened to 11".

THEY FIT. No rubbnig, no spacers, nada. Just like they were made for the car....which they were.

And yes I know everyone wants pics. So do I but you and I are both going to wait another few days. One of the wheels is warped. Brand new wheel Guess it should have been checked on a spin balance machine before going to Weldcraft. I am taking it to A1 Wheel Straightening tomorrow and they usually only take a few days. They work wonders with wheels that are bend so this one that is 1/8" out will be little trouble. But I am still waiting......

I'll post pics when I have them all on the car later in the week.

Oh, and they look great. A MUCH better match for the factory tire height than I thought from the numbers. Less than 1/4" overall shorter than stock. You cannot tell the difference without the goodyear standing next to it.

R1Lello

Established Member
how is it that the tire is shorter than a 285/40/18 being sooo much wider?

.........because the 2nd number is a ratio or percentage of the 1st number, so sidewall height is 30 % of 335 mm ( the width ) where as stock is 40% of 285.

Not sure how the above got a 1/4 less than stock but its measured size comes in at 25.9 - 26.1 so it's almost an inch less than the our stock 27.0.

Last edited:

jcthorne

Established Member
A little over 12" wide and yes, close to what other manufactures would call a 315 or 325...

The Nittos are taller than the published 25.9 and the goodyears are no where near 27" tall. Side by side, the goodyear 285/40/18 is about 1/4" taller overall. Less than 1/8" from the rim out (wheel well fill). I'll post pics as soon as I get them on the car.

Yes, Nitto's actual sizes run quite different than the numbers would dictate and that is one of the reasons I am posting this. The numbers would have you assume the tires are too short and too wide. I had heard otherwise from another S197 GT owner and decided to give it a try. I REALLY like what turned out. Instead they fit great on an 11" wheel and very near stock height.

Also the fact that adding 1.5" of width all to the inside of a stock wheel and it still fits is interesting in itself with the limited number of wheels that fit this car.

jcthorne

Established Member
Today I finally got the Nitto 335/30/18s installed and snapped some photos. See they do fit!

I'll take a couple shots of the whole car outside when it quits raining. I finally got it clean from the body shop.

P4252369.jpg

P4252370.jpg

P4252373.jpg

P4252374.jpg

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
335's

any chance you could actually measure the nitto tire height and width?
how much did you lower the car?
any street time yet? do they hook better, or as well as you hoped? any rubbing/
thanks

12:45, i just went out and measured the stock Goodyear, 27" measured horizontal, 26.25" measured vertical with car on it.
Could you measure the 335's in both directions?
thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread