Nitto DR's

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
Guys for those of you using the 305/45/18's for street strip duty how well do you like them? How well do they hook at the track? I ran the nittos on my mustang and honestly they were'nt that impressive at the track. My mustang was however a 5 speed so I wonder if that may make a difference. Any input will be appreciated.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I run them as well, and they hook very well on the street as well as they do on the track. But I have not been to the track since I added the KB, so we will see how they like the new found power.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
At my power level they hook pretty well, better than the stock F1s I was running before.

Not so good at my power level:burnout: They are alot better than the F1's, I have found that going about 1/2 throttle until it shift to 2nd then flooring it helps.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
I ran a 11.35 with worn out nittos!
DSC01235.gif

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
555's up front and 555R's on the rear. Best street/Strip combo imo.
I run Hoosiers at the track, as once I added the KB it would just blow the tires off.... Once you get to the 450+HP mark, there really are no "good" DR's out that will keep the tires planted to the pavement. It all becomes a drivers mod from that point on.....

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I ran a 1.89 60ft on F1s, and my best on the DRs was a 1.93 60ft. They are incredible on the street, but on the track, they were about the same, no real improvement imho. They look awesome, hook awesome on the street, but don't last long, and thier's not much gain if any on the track.

Edit: If you're a shitty driver, they are probally awesome at the track, because they are more forgiving with the grip threshold then the F1s, but with a good track prep, and a good driver, the F1s hook up quite nice honestlly. Pluss they last a hellafa lot longer.

Users who are viewing this thread